Where do I find gel allergy info?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
Where can I find information on the dangers and possible allergy risks of DIY gel polish application? Particularly where someone is using a cheap Ebay lamp and cheap copycat brands.

I'd love to get something concrete too. I've just been told that a competitor is using a copycat brand or uv gel and unbranded gel products.
I'm using the term ''competitor'' loosely as you cannot consider someone who purchases their products from ebay as a challenger really.

Probably you don't need anything in writing, just sit it out and the damage that is done will be enough to sink their ship

A while ago I met a friend and she showed me her own DIY gel polished nails. They looked fine to be fair. She had bought all the products and the lamp from the usual place.

I mentioned that she should be aware of the dangers of possible allergies, incorrect cure, fake brands etc., but I know she didn't believe me and though I was just touting for business which I really was not.

I would love to have something factual I could send her.

A while ago I met a friend and she showed me her own DIY gel polished nails. They looked fine to be fair. She had bought all the products and the lamp from the usual place.

I mentioned that she should be aware of the dangers of possible allergies, incorrect cure, fake brands etc., but I know she didn't believe me and though I was just touting for business which I really was not.

I would love to have something factual I could send her.
Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon. Or

Technical articles about nail health and the Beauty, Cosmetic and Personal Care industry and product-related topics.

You don't get much more concrete or unimpeachable information than from Doug Schoon! :)

I don't have an eBay lamp mine is brought from nsi with all my products but I did have a gel workshop the other week I think it was ibd colour (just a station up in world skills when I was being a model) and she said you can get the lamp of eBay it works just as well as the expensive ones?! As I've said I don't have an eBay lamp but what's the difference apart from the price? Xx

Latest posts

Back