Where do I find staff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blush + Blow

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am struggling to hire staff at the moment for blow dries and beauty NVQ3. Where does everyone hire from and why am I finding it such a struggle to find good people? We pay really well, way above average and we have great staff benefits. Help please?!

Same here. Have you tried indeed, people leave their c.vs on there so you can actually message them direct to see if they want to apply if they seem suitable. In my area there are more salons looking for stylists then the other way around so I'm having no joy either!

For what it's worth, you're not alone.
Increasingly it's becoming more attractive for stylists/therapists to work from home.:(

A good wage won't appeal to those who prefer to set their own hours, choose their own product range,
select their client base......AND then get to keep the whole of their takings!

As salon owners, we know the benefits of working as part of a team, and all the advantages that can go with being employed, but sadly nowdays, this is not always acknowledged.

RED STAR is right.
You're probably looking for staff who have up to date skills and lots of experience but most of them have realised that by working for themselves, they get to dictate terms and earn more money.

Are you able to offer flexible working hours? There are still plenty of people who prefer the benefits of employment but might not be able to commit to a full week. Some of my best staff have been part timers who juggled family life around work but were highly motivated and enthusiastic during the hours they were in work and it felt like you got the benefit of 2 people for the equivalent of one job.

Hi. Well. You're right. In my case, I'm looking for part-time stylists and/or colorist only for Mondays and perhaps Tuesdays. I can discuss commission and I cover the products costs. So, in this line, if any interested...my Salon is in Sunrise, Florida. Thanks so much.

Just putting it out there that I have just qualified l2 but I'm older 32 Have some salon but they kind of just used me to clean for them one day a week. I'm doing my level 3 now and would love so much to work in a local salon but they all want at least 1 to3 years experience which I don't have. I feel stupid applying as I know I'm not what they want.

Latest posts

Back