Where do you like to go on holiday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what destinations would people advise against then? I've never had a holiday from hell as such, but for us a definite no-no would be a 24 hour party resort, or any resort where you are restricted to the confines of the resort like some of the carribean ones, I dont see the point of going to a country if you cant wander out and about, you might aswell be at Butlins!!

Chelle' don't go to magaluf!

We went in 2007, Jesus!!! my nana of all people said, 'go to magaluf duck me & your grandad loved it there' (thinking about it now my nana must of been a secret raver i reckon pmsl, no little old lady books to read in her bag just her & my grandads glow sticks :D) so by recommendation off we went to Thomas cook & booked it, it was our 2nd holiday abroad so didn't really know to do any research like we do now... & we also didn't know back then that trip advisor existed!!

Anyway we went & the 2nd night i cried to come home lol! on arrival armed police were dragging 20 odd stags out the reception for fighting & well it went down hill from there...... I'm not into partying & had I have known then what it'd of been like id of booked a holiday as far away from there as poss!

Plus my hotel was shocking, bugs all over the place, it never got cleaned
& long black hairs in all the buffet foods being served each day .. Just yuck!

xx

so what destinations would people advise against then? I've never had a holiday from hell as such, but for us a definite no-no would be a 24 hour party resort, or any resort where you are restricted to the confines of the resort like some of the carribean ones, I dont see the point of going to a country if you cant wander out and about, you might aswell be at Butlins!!

We cancelled Dominican republic a couple of years ago because my friend went & said she
wasn't allowed to leave her resort, guards were on the entrance ushering all the holidaymakers back on site, i spoke to travel agent & the girls who worked there said if you left resort it was at your own risk especially on an evening! I couldn't be doing with that when we'd paid 2 grand to go :eek: so we ended up cancelling Dominican & went to Tenerife instead. But now everyone whos been say dominican is amazing so it does make me want to go but i dont think id feel safe Xx

We cancelled Dominican republic a couple of years ago because my friend went & said she
wasn't allowed to leave her resort, guards were on the entrance ushering all the holidaymakers back on site, i spoke to travel agent & the girls who worked there said if you left resort it was at your own risk especially on an evening! I couldn't be doing with that when we'd paid 2 grand to go :eek: so we ended up cancelling Dominican & went to Tenerife instead. But now everyone whos been say dominican is amazing so it does make me want to go but i dont think id feel safe Xx

Sounds like a case of chinese whispers, like the first day of school you will get your head flushed down the toilet!

There is armed security on the opening to any decent report. To deter theives and people that arent a guest there. It's not like they use them!

The Dominican is a third world country. If you want to go out you can but you won't find a McDonald's or a debenhams just mood huts and people selling mangoes and stuff.

The hotels are amazing and the beaches are to die for. There are excursions too so you don't have to be stuck in. If you want a red lion pub and a spar you are better off with benidorm. (no offence it's just better catered for Brits). It's a relaxing luxurious hol, why leave the complex?

If you want tropical beaches and Caribbean weather but can go out for meals drinks and shopping you should try cancun in Mexico. That's quiet tourist based in the city centre.

Xx

We went in 2007, Jesus!!! my nana of all people said, 'go to magaluf duck me & your grandad loved it there' (thinking about it now my nana must of been a secret raver i reckon pmsl, no little old lady books to read in her bag just her & my grandads glow sticks :D) so by recommendation off we went to Thomas cook & booked it, it was our 2nd holiday abroad so didn't really know to do any research like we do now... & we also didn't know back then that trip advisor existed!!

Anyway we went & the 2nd night i cried to come home lol! on arrival armed police were dragging 20 odd stags out the reception for fighting & well it went down hill from there...... I'm not into partying & had I have known then what it'd of been like id of booked a holiday as far away from there as poss!

xx
I suppose everyone is different and different things happen etc.
I went to magaluf but stayed a 10 min walk from the main streets, and it was lovely. Went with family. (me,partner, daughter, mum, dad,sister,brother and my nan)
Hotel was nice and clean, food was lovely- freshly made pancakes & omelettes every morning and nice dishes in the evening etc.
Great for shopping, lots of bars for family but down the strip was a bit more lively but it never interfered with out holiday.

Have been to Tunisia twice, Greece, Egypt, Spain 3 times, Mallorca 3 times, Menorca twice an Cyprus twice.
My favourite was Menorca, you can drive round the whole island in like an hour or something silly like that. It's so relaxed there and the people are lovely and friendly.
Fornells was a nice little port with lot of fish restaurants. We went there like every night. I'd love to go back again. Also want to go to Cuba- have heard great things.

My worst was Egypt! Was absolutely disgusting! Apartments were dirty, no entertainment when there was supposed to be, drinks were watered down, food from the day before reserved! All the 6 kids and 3 of the adults in our party got ear infections from the pool. We couldn't even get in it on day 3 it was gross and had
Condoms and other Rubbish in it. We were stuck there for 2 weeks with no rep! Urgh! Wanted to see the sights but I was too peed off to bother won't ever go back but yet friends have been and have said they had a great time.
Sorry for the waffle! Lol
I don't go anywhere without checking trip advisor now.
Xx

I went to magaluf

xx

God that sounds awful!! Exactly my idea of a nightmare holiday. I must admit I had already heard bad things about Magaluf so its one I'll definitely avoiding, and I know what you mean about the Dominican aswell, I have a friend who raves about it, but whats to be gained out of going to a country if you cant get out and about and see something of that country? I suppose it depends what you want out of a holiday, some people are quite happy to spend 2 weeks on a sun lounger and never leave the complex, but it wouldnt be for me.

Latest posts

Back