Where do you like to go on holiday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Turkey, it's beautiful, it's hot, people are friendly and it's not too dissimilar from Greece (I also love Greece) I've been to a place called Olu Deniz twice, I'll attach a picture for you from when I went paragliding. Also a place called Dalyan, really beautiful there too and there's lots to see

I've been looking into Olu Deniz, as a few people have said it's nice. That pic is really enticing!

I'm a Turkey fan too, I went to Gumbet and it was perfect, beautiful quiet beaches, tons of restaurants, nightlife in walking distance but pretty contained and I think you're more guaranteed to get decent weather than in Europe. I never found the locals a problem, yes they try to sell you things or encourage you into places but that's happened to me in Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Barbados, the Dominican, even New York!

I'm off to Vegas in 12 days, can't wait :D!

I've been looking into Olu Deniz, as a few people have said it's nice. That pic is really enticing!

It's really lovely there and I would go back again in a heart beat. There's a resort a 5 minute bus ride away called Hisaronu which is a bit more lively, and about half hour away is a place called Fethiye which has a massive market (food, clothes, handbags etc) not to be missed! Possibly the most beautiful place I've been too. The paragliding is not for the faint hearted though!

My favourite holiday so far has been Thailand. I love to experience different cultures and travel around so we went for 3 weeks and travelled around the islands. I'm off to Vietnam and Cambodia in 7 weeks which I think will be similar to Thailand but less touristy. Every time I tell people I'm going there I get funny comments as people just think of the war but I have heard its beautiful so very excited :)

My friend did the whole tour of that part of the world. Said Thailand was great but nothing compared to Cambodia & Vietnam was the most beautiful place he's ever seen. I think you will have a amazing time!! X

I like a variety of places, but there is a place that feels like home to me. It's Puerto Pollensa in north east Mallorca. Don't ask me why, it's just a really strong feeling of being completely fulfilled and comfortable.

I've been to more beautiful places, but never feel the same.

Generally, I love being away from lager louts and clubbing resorts and prefer the more laid back place, but still with things to do.

I also love city breaks for the complete reverse of quiet!

I need somewhere to go next week and havn't got a clue!

That#s where we've decided to go next year. We researched it thoroughly and it looks like our kind of resort.

For the Greece lovers, our favourite resort is Pefkos on Rhodes. It's on the quieter side of the island next to Lindos, its very picturesque, and a very relaxed resort. Me and my husband are going to renew our vows there for our 10th anniversary

I'm a Turkey fan too, I went to Gumbet and it was perfect, beautiful quiet beaches, tons of restaurants, nightlife in walking distance but pretty contained and I think you're more guaranteed to get decent weather than in Europe. I never found the locals a problem, yes they try to sell you things or encourage you into places but that's happened to me in Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Barbados, the Dominican, even New York!

I'm off to Vegas in 12 days, can't wait :D!

Ooo you will enjoy Vegas ... Go on the pontoon machines in the hotels always winning and paid for our drinks every night! You must see the water show outside bellagio it's fab x

Im lucky iv been quiet a few places. Turkey, Tenerife, zante, cape verde, morocco, mexico, Vegas, Dominican republic, Greece and Spain. My fave so far...Vegas for fun and Mexico or Dominican to chill.

Got a list of places me and hubby
Want go as long as our arms!

Off to dominican end of sept and Vegas again next yr.

Aruba or Jamaica next I think xxx

Greece. Just got back on Sunday from Costa Navarino. Amazing 5 star resort. A few years ago we went to Halkidiki and stayed at the Sani resort which was great too but this Year's was more luxurious.

I also love travelling around different parts of England for mini breaks.

Difficult to choose, but think my favourite holiday was possibly Cuba. Stayed in Guardalavaca for one week all inclusive 5* then 3 days in Havana. Totally fell in love with Havana - no McDees, no Costas, in fact no shopping (so not the place to go if you wanna shop lol). History amazing and some beautiful (and not so beautiful) architecture. Cubans amazing and friendly people (albeit always on the look out to "make" a few dollars from unsuspecting tourists, so always keep guard up.) You wont get 5 star service, even in 5* hotels, and food can be bit "hit or miss", but I just loved it.

Closer to home, a Spanish resort called Canille de la Frontera (? sp). Its on the Costa de Luz (south, nr Portugal), Jerez nearest airport. My friend had house there, and the place is soooooo laid back during the day, we were actually on the beach before the sunbed lady got there (she turned up about 11.30ish, when she felt like it lol). However, night time rocks - it's where a lot of Spanish people holiday so very little (if any) English spoken, which I quite like as it makes for a funny time, trying to make yourself understood! No English (or other foreign) yobbos, so locals very friendly towards tourists. Lovely old walled town - definately recommend, and very good for any golfers.

hth

Greece. Just got back on Sunday from Costa Navarino. Amazing 5 star resort. A few years ago we went to Halkidiki and stayed at the Sani resort which was great too but this Year's was more luxurious.

I also love travelling around different parts of England for mini breaks.
Ah that's where we stayed in the beach club side, I'll take note of the one you said x

My favourite so far was last year we went to Florida for 8 nights, then a 7 night cruise around the Caribbean on the biggest cruise ship in the world and visited Cuba, Jamaica and mexico! It was the most amazing holiday ever! If you've never fancied a cruise (I didn't) then try the oasis or the allure of the seas! Amazing! So much so, we are going again next year, even though it was only meant to be a once in a life time holiday!

Although in 9 days time.... We're off to a 5* premium all inclusive adults only resort in Mexico and I am sooooooooo excited! The thought of just relaxing, drinking cocktails, no children around (I don't have any children and I adore children, will just be nice not to hear those screaming parents shouting at their children) for 10 nights with my fiancé (who I only see twice a month) sounds bliss to me after working 12-15 hour days 5 days a week an travelling 600mile round tip to see my fiancé on the weekends I'm not working! Just to relax and unwind together is going to be amazing!

Mexico here we come baby :) woop woop xxx

We were going to do Florida plus the cruise you did for our honeymoon last year but the decided to do a fly tour covering Florida, las Vegas and new york, it was great but too much in one go really!
We are going back to Florida in November and can't wait, it's all about the parks!
We are also going to Vegas again next summer, going to sky dive while there and do all the trips (grand canton and stuff)
Before our honeymoon I'd only been to magaluf and lanzarote, I loved America and want to do it all!
I have loads of places on my list in still waiting to do including a safari in Kenya and a cruise around alaska.
I have no children and live for holidays, I'm having so much fun I can see myself just forgetting to stop to start a family.

Since being with my husband we've been abroad 7 times, Turkey twice, Spain twice, Amsterdam, Egypt, Tenerife.

The one place I MUST visit is Florida! been saying for years I want to go but it's expensive! I might save the cash & go in the travel shop & see what I can get, I really have to go there at least once before I die!

Always as a kid my bottom lip would drop when disney advert came on tv & my mam couldn't afford it, so I didnt even have a passport until I met my hubby.... come on guys get your violins out, deprived child alert here lol :D x

Ah that's where we stayed in the beach club side, I'll take note of the one you said x

We stayed at the beach club too! The four of us shared a family room but at Costa Navarino we were given two interconnecting rooms for the same price as one (we booked 8 months ahead and got a massive discount) The rooms were quite big and the balconies were very large too.

That#s where we've decided to go next year. We researched it thoroughly and it looks like our kind of resort.

If you want any inside info before you go, I'm happy to help.:)

Since being with my husband we've been abroad 7 times, Turkey twice, Spain twice, Amsterdam, Egypt, Tenerife.

The one place I MUST visit is Florida! been saying for years I want to go but it's expensive! I might save the cash & go in the travel shop & see what I can get, I really have to go there at least once before I die!

Always as a kid my bottom lip would drop when disney advert came on tv & my mam couldn't afford it, so I didnt even have a passport until I met my hubby.... come on guys get your violins out, deprived child alert here lol :D x

I was exactly the same, I always wanted to go to Disney and had never had a passport until I meet my husband. Florida doesn't have to be expensive, we booked at the beginning of the year and will be there at the beginning of November, the temperature is comfortable then and the parks although busy aren't too bad, we hardly cued at all for rides and didn't use fast track at all, we've paid £700 each which is for room only hotel on I drive, park tickets are extra and food is really cheap, breakfast buffet for $4 so have plenty and skip lunch, evening meal for $10 dollars. It can be done cheap and is amazing!

That price does include flights with virgin from gatwick! X

I was exactly the same, I always wanted to go to Disney and had never had a passport until I meet my husband. Florida doesn't have to be expensive, we booked at the beginning of the year and will be there at the beginning of November, the temperature is comfortable then and the parks although busy aren't too bad, we hardly cued at all for rides and didn't use fast track at all, we've paid £700 each which is for room only hotel on I drive, park tickets are extra and food is really cheap, breakfast buffet for $4 so have plenty and skip lunch, evening meal for $10 dollars. It can be done cheap and is amazing!

$4 for breakfast buffet... Let me guess.... Ponderosa??? :D x

Hell yeah, and sizzler!! Yummy!! X

Cyprus for me, I love it. Egypt is another one I really enjoyed, but only if travelling with a man. Having my hair and pale skin touched by the locals was quite unnerving x

Latest posts

Back