Where do you like to go on holiday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hi,

Me and my husband have been discussing holidays. Our favourite is the greek islands, and whenever we try somewhere else we always feel its not quite the same as Greece and always find our way back to Greece for our holidays.

Where does everyone else like to go? And what do you like out of a holiday? For us we like a nice, fairly quiet family resort with a few restaurants and bars, we like to go self catering because eating out is a big part of our holiday, and we like nice scenery, old villages/towns to wander round etc.

We're going to try somewhere different next year for a change so was just wondering what everyone else likes to do for their holidays.

I'd like to go anywhere! My grumpy so and so boyfriend doesn't want to come away with me yet :(

Cape Verde is lovely (my parents have 2 apartments over there), I also like the Dominican Republic.

To be honest, I'd be just as happy in Center Parcs if he'd come with me!!!

xx

i love greece and i too find that nowhere else compares!! i always stay in mitsis hotels too which are all over the greek islands, affordable luxury i would call them!! even though they are all inclusive they all have lots of bars and restaurants on site that you book for and order from menus as you would eating out, so one may have a chinese, a greek and a normal restaurant and they all have an adult only bar so that you can get away from kids, i just love them xx

I've not really been away to many places but the past two years I've been T9 the canarys (sp?) and i love them! I would go back to tenerife in a flash!

I would really love to go to turkey next holiday i think it looks great.

Me and my boyfriend (we're both 19) love the quiet resorts with loads of outings to do and places to eat at night. We don't do the whole going out partying thing lol

Vicki :) xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Me and my boyfriend have been to a few places, Tenerife, Egypt but we go to the south of France every year. It's a little place called Frejus, we only do the Sun paper holidays to come here so it works out really cheap but it's so lovely. The campsite we stay on is called La Baume. Lots to do here and the weather is really good, we are down here at the moment actually and it's about 32 degrees today :) xx

I love going to Cyprus and go every year.

Love Egypt and Greece, have also been to loads of other places too, next year we are trying Dominican Republic heard really good things and then few weeks later Cyprus again (it's a girl only holiday each year leave hubby at home)

alot of people like turkey but i didnt like it, the locals stare at the women especially of you are blonde, feels very uncomfortable!!

ive been to egypt, did all the tourist bits so dont need to go again but you definitely need to go once in your life as well as doing a cruise even if you just do a mini one!

ive been to south of france (beautiful)

all over spain including majorca, alicante, benalmadena, fuengirola, fuerteventura, always try to find the places that the spanish go to, better atmosphere and food

Holland - again dont just visit amsterdam and see the sights, take a trip to the hague, beautiful and you feel as though your in a different country!

Greece including corfu, crete, athens, Kos( Kos is my favourite particularly kardemena),

Florida - loved the shopping and the nightlife!

i think its nice to travel and see all the sights but if you are just looking for a beach holiday and want to eat out id just go on teletext (i always book my holidays on there) and just see what the best deal is and go with it!xx

i've been all over the world

now i just go to Spain . Love it. love the language. love the WINE. love the culture. the weather. everything....would love to retire there eventually although i'll be on my own if i do as hubby thinks it's too hot and he'd miss his cattle.:rolleyes:

I like a variety of places, but there is a place that feels like home to me. It's Puerto Pollensa in north east Mallorca. Don't ask me why, it's just a really strong feeling of being completely fulfilled and comfortable.

I've been to more beautiful places, but never feel the same.

Generally, I love being away from lager louts and clubbing resorts and prefer the more laid back place, but still with things to do.

I also love city breaks for the complete reverse of quiet!

I need somewhere to go next week and havn't got a clue!

I like a variety of places, but there is a place that feels like home to me. It's Puerto Pollensa in north east Mallorca. Don't ask me why, it's just a really strong feeling of being completely fulfilled and comfortable.

I feel the same way for Tenerife, I went when I was 20 and cried my eyes out when we had to leave.
I went back last year and had the same feelings, like I was home again!

Would move there tomorrow if I could get me an the fiancé jobs!

Kim xx

I LOVE south Africa my Fiancé has a house there and we have a private beach it's so heavenly..
Thinking of getting married on the beach!
I love to relax on hol pool, chill x

My favourite holiday so far has been Thailand. I love to experience different cultures and travel around so we went for 3 weeks and travelled around the islands. I'm off to Vietnam and Cambodia in 7 weeks which I think will be similar to Thailand but less touristy. Every time I tell people I'm going there I get funny comments as people just think of the war but I have heard its beautiful so very excited :)

Cyprus!......been there loads of times, parents have a villa there and got married there too.

I love it that much- we'll be moving there in a couple of years with any luck. :)

Generally, I love being away from lager louts and clubbing resorts and prefer the more laid back place, but still with things to do.

I also love city breaks for the complete reverse of quiet!

I need somewhere to go next week and havn't got a clue!

Me and my family stayed at a place called Club Del Sol a few years ago thats just up the coastal road from Pollensa, and I know what you mean. It's a lovely place. A lot of people get a bit sneery about Mallorca- but I've always found it absolutely fine if you steer clear of the really REALLY touristy bits!

However, I cannot stand Barcelona- I'd assumed I'd love the place, the history, the tapas (the football!), but we got ripped off in every bar and restraunt we went into AND my wife had her purse stolen by two teenage girls while they were asking us to fill in some "charity" form to distract us - the fact that they then went onto beat my team twice in Champions League finals is unconnected of course. :)

I always think it's funny that a beautifully scenic and charismatic island in the Med gets judged by Magaluf and Palma Nova.
Those resorts are still great for what they offer the youngsters, but are such a spec on the horizon for what the island is actually about.

I also love Soller, sitting in the square. We honeymooned and also spent our 'special' birthdays in Deia, in utter luxury. But truth be known I was sad to leave Pollensa when we did a trip to both recently.

Nowhere compares for me.

Edit..Just seen your thoughts on Barcelona Carl. I love that place for just a few days, but have thought twice about going back just incase we were lucky!

Greece everytime for me, we seemed to always go there when we were young and been to few other places but nothing compares in my eyes.
They are such lovely people and such amazing places to go.
We went to a five star resort in Halkidiki and it was such an amazing place we went back but this year went to Cyprus as my partner was working there (so working holiday i guess) was lovely but made me want to go back to greece next time.Its my paradise:Dxx

Greece for me too, I adore it. I went to Kos this year, been before and it's lost none of its charm!

I also really loved Barcelona, but then I only did a short city break. I'd like to go for a bit longer and spend some time on the beach too.

Wow, lots of votes for Greece. My favourite holiday so far was Tenerife. Absolutely loved everything there - the scenery, food, people...
Would go back any time. Just got back from south of France, such a disappointment- I found locals to be so ignorant and rude towards English speaking people. No menus in English, nothing. It was impossible to order food in restaurants.
Tenerife and Spain all the way for me.

I love Turkey, it's beautiful, it's hot, people are friendly and it's not too dissimilar from Greece (I also love Greece) I've been to a place called Olu Deniz twice, I'll attach a picture for you from when I went paragliding. Also a place called Dalyan, really beautiful there too and there's lots to see

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346947272.048528.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346947272.048528.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 116
My favourite so far was last year we went to Florida for 8 nights, then a 7 night cruise around the Caribbean on the biggest cruise ship in the world and visited Cuba, Jamaica and mexico! It was the most amazing holiday ever! If you've never fancied a cruise (I didn't) then try the oasis or the allure of the seas! Amazing! So much so, we are going again next year, even though it was only meant to be a once in a life time holiday!

Although in 9 days time.... We're off to a 5* premium all inclusive adults only resort in Mexico and I am sooooooooo excited! The thought of just relaxing, drinking cocktails, no children around (I don't have any children and I adore children, will just be nice not to hear those screaming parents shouting at their children) for 10 nights with my fiancé (who I only see twice a month) sounds bliss to me after working 12-15 hour days 5 days a week an travelling 600mile round tip to see my fiancé on the weekends I'm not working! Just to relax and unwind together is going to be amazing!

Mexico here we come baby :) woop woop xxx

Latest posts

Back