where is best to study NVQ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty pink

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm just wondering where is the best place to study the NVQ in nail extensions?? I have done the NVQ in beauty so covered the manicure and pedicure bit. I have contacted The Nail Company and also The Carlton Institute and there is such a difference in price!! Has anyone studied at either of these for the NVQ??

I am a little confused because The Carlton Institute is offering a 2 day nail extension course then all the NVQ level 2 and 3 homestudy, coursework, case studies and the assessments for a total of £456 each and thats with a 25% discount because me and my mate are doing it together. Sounds great to me but then The Nail Company is more than double that.:rolleyes: Are the courses any different??

I am based on South Coast but will travel to London if anyone knows of anywhere else?

Many Thanks

Nicki

i studdied and passed nvq 2&3 at k,sa,ra in kent, rachel was realy great and down to earth

i did my nvq many yrs ago at what was crawley college (its now central sussex college)
i know that there are various SAC around offering NVQ training it might be worth contacting them.... ill go dig out the number and edit this post :D

Jess
xox

I too did my NVQ with Rachel (aka Chocolate) at K-Sa-Ra and can highly recommend her. Check out her website Welcome To K-Sa-Ra or pm her.

thanks very much girls, will google k sa ra and crawley college and give them a call.

Cheers x

I am doing my NVQ at the moment with Jackie and Sean from Naughty Nails. They have been really helpful throughout and I have really enjoyed doing it.

I am doing my NVQ at the moment with Jackie and Sean from Naughty Nails. They have been really helpful throughout and I have really enjoyed doing it.

Same here.. I can highly recommend Jackie.. very approachable and patient. :hug:

Hi All,

I'm just wondering where is the best place to study the NVQ in nail extensions?? I have done the NVQ in beauty so covered the manicure and pedicure bit. I have contacted The Nail Company and also The Carlton Institute and there is such a difference in price!! Has anyone studied at either of these for the NVQ??

I am a little confused because The Carlton Institute is offering a 2 day nail extension course then all the NVQ level 2 and 3 homestudy, coursework, case studies and the assessments for a total of £456 each and thats with a 25% discount because me and my mate are doing it together. Sounds great to me but then The Nail Company is more than double that.:rolleyes: Are the courses any different??

I am based on South Coast but will travel to London if anyone knows of anywhere else?

Many Thanks

Nicki

You will need to check this with whoever you decide to go with, but because you have done the NVQ2 beauty, you should be able to go straight onto the NVQ3 Nail course.
Thats how my college do it anyway.

You can do an NVQ with Creative at the same time as you are doing their training all you need to do is inform them before you start the course. I have known people do the Carlton Institute nails enhancement training who say they should have saved their meney and done a course with one of the main prosuct suppliers as what they did was VERY basic and the products they used were not very good either. Why not enquire at all the leading manufacturers and see what they can offer where you can do your NVQ at the same time.

Latest posts

Back