Where is everyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Seem's to me, there's alot less 'GEEKING' going on.....
Has the 'new format' thrown us....?
Have we run out of things to say, (good, bad or ugly).....?
Are we all tooooo busy.....?
Or....is it something else......:eek:
Would love to know your thoughts.

I was just thinking the same... Soooo dead on here now :/

I suspect it's just people getting their bearings and finding their way around!

It has been slower since the change over as people start to realise that the app isn't having a temporary "glitch" and that it has gone away. But people are returning, getting used to the changes and Google is starting to re-index the site which will help bring traffic back.

Also, the email didn't transition over as smoothly and there were a lot of people requesting password resets that never got replies because of this. Once that gets sorted, Ill do a mass email to ensure people know about the change over. Suspect that will help.

Ultimately though, I am more of a quality than quantity kind of guy :)

Sorry but for me I find it quite difficult, when it comes to apps, big changes and technology it takes me a while to find my bearings and atm I don't like it :cool: Sorry lol I will get used to it but I can't seem to find my older posts, to search posts as it takes me back aaggeeessss ago so atm I'm meh lol x

No need to apologise, change sucks, but you have to break some eggs to make an omelette. Or cake. That sounds better :)

An easy way to find your old content is to click on your avatar in the upper right. There is an option for "My Content". Also, would suggest changing your preferences to "Automatically watch threads you create or reply to".

Hope this helps!

Sorry but for me I find it quite difficult, when it comes to apps, big changes and technology it takes me a while to find my bearings and atm I don't like it :cool: Sorry lol I will get used to it but I can't seem to find my older posts, to search posts as it takes me back aaggeeessss ago so atm I'm meh lol x
Me too, + I'm worried I'll upload a completely inappropriate or irrelevant pic from my photo stream!

Ellie

This was the Geeks plan all along
Me too, + I'm worried I'll upload a completely inappropriate or irrelevant pic from my photo stream!

Ellie
This was the Geeks plan aaallll along :eek::D

No need to apologise, change sucks, but you have to break some eggs to make an omelette. Or cake. That sounds better :)

An easy way to find your old content is to click on your avatar in the upper right. There is an option for "My Content". Also, would suggest changing your preferences to "Automatically watch threads you create or reply to".

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I tried watching a thread, I did click watch thread honest but I then clicked on my watching threads and I had non ... I'm just a simple girl I love simplicity lol bit you can't please everyone can you :D

Simple is what it should be!

But if a thread you are watching hasn't had any activity - you won't see it. It will either alert you or send you an email (if those are your settings)

It's not just me that thinks it's quieter then?

My router died yesterday so I was out of the game. I thought I'd get home and find lots of new comments, posts etc but not to be!

I'll have to start some controversial new topics - or maybe not!

Vic x

Agreed definitely not as active as it once was. Hopefully it will pick up.. Xx

I used the app a lot, so I'm finding that im coming on less now. I know you can use it through your safari but it was so easy to hit a button xx

Apps have been submitted to the relevant stores. The Google app has already been approved but the iPhone app... Well, that can take a day or it can take weeks

Apps have been submitted to the relevant stores. The Google app has already been approved but the iPhone app... Well, that can take a day or it can take weeks
Awww I thought you were gonna stick with the web version?

I used the app a lot, so I'm finding that im coming on less now. I know you can use it through your safari but it was so easy to hit a button xx
You can create an icon to have on your home page that takes you straight to salon geek

I know the feeling when we do client apps, google instant ish and apple is when they get around to it haha. Seems to be on average recently 7 days.

I was thinking how quiet it is the other day! I remember when I first joined you could have three or four pages a day of new topics/replies, now barely 3-4 :/ I hope it picks up

Since it's changed i don't go om it as much. I find browsers a pain in the ass unfortunately

Latest posts

Back