Where to buy gel products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I got a gel nail set for my christmas, I have the lamp and basic french gels etc.

Where is good to buy glitters and coloured gels etc from?

Thank you x

Are you a salon pro qualified in nails?

Are you a salon pro qualified in nails?

No I'm not trained, I'm just looking into what the best training to do is. I just want to buy some gels/glitters to practice doing my own.

As a pro I cannot offer advice to a non qualified geek, I can however suggest you train with CND. Good luck :)

Hi I too started with a nail kit bought for christmas that was 5yrs ago!!! I practised on myself 1st then everyone else before I eventually went on courses to get professional qualifications. If you want to experiment with colours and glitters I started with buying stuff on ebay or Amazon Now I use Young Nails products which are fantastic and can be bought online from their site. Also Argos has a Nail art kit which I know several Nail techs use!! No snobs here !!!:biggrin: I hope I was able to help.

Its not about Snobbery :eek: -

There are soo many on this forum having troubles with lifting & this & that, so if they are trained & yet having these issues, then its unfair to encourage a newbie to practise on themselves if theyve had 'absolutely' no training ...
The amount of damage they could unwittingly do to themselves or god forbid any family or friend they practise on is simply just too risky :wink2:

Its not about Snobbery :eek: -

There are soo many on this forum having troubles with lifting & this & that, so if they are trained & yet having these issues, then its unfair to encourage a newbie to practise on themselves if theyve had 'absolutely' no training ...
The amount of damage they could unwittingly do to themselves or god forbid any family or friend they practise on is simply just too risky :wink2:

Hear hear Broops, we pay and work extremely hard for our training and expertees and should not be giving advice of where to buy stock to someone with no professional qualification.
There are many girls locally who 'do nails' with no training and its scary, you are right, damage could definitely be done.

Hear hear Broops, we pay and work extremely hard for our training and expertees and should not be giving advice of where to buy stock to someone with no professional qualification.
There are many girls locally who 'do nails' with no training and its scary, you are right, damage could definitely be done.

:Love:Love my fellow pros. Thanks ladies, I guess following the RULES of SG makes me a snob. As a PRO we have worked hard and spent tons, I don't share pro things with non-pros, if that makes me a snob so be it. Good luck with ebay produts however :rolleyes:.

:Love:Love my fellow pros. Thanks ladies, I guess following the RULES of SG makes me a snob. As a PRO we have worked hard and spent tons, I don't share pro things with non-pros, if that makes me a snob so be it. Good luck with ebay produts however :rolleyes:.

I was simply asking where to buy products for some practice. I now have a job lined up where i will be getting fully trained

I was simply asking where to buy products for some practice. I now have a job lined up where i will be getting fully trained

But these are professional products intended for professional use, not just for practice. As you are not a professional you should not be using professional products. Good luck in your training, there you will find where to buy professional products.

None of these proffesionals are being 'snobs'.
If we were to tell everyone one of our clients where we buy our products from and how we apply them do you think we would still be in buisness?
Buying a kit from argos probably wont be the best for your nails either dont really know as never used one - but the damage you could do to your nails could be irrepairable so be very careful!!

Latest posts

Back