Where to sell your nail stuff - giving it up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtips

Reaction score
hii

Does anyone know the best way to sell your nail stuff -

long story short - did course this year, passed, loved it, bought everything, too much competetion by NSS in my area that people are not willing to pay that extra for someone to come to their home or for hygenic practices and quality.

so i decided it may be best to give it up - except i got all this stuff and do not know what to do with esp as a lot of money was spent on the stuff. :irked:

If you goggle the Guild im sure they have a section were you can buy and sell to other professionals. There is also a geek on here that has recently set up a new forum that also has a section were you can advertise things for sale.
Hope that helps

xx jen xx:hug:

Sorry to hear nails are not working out for you but you do seem to be 'giving up' very quickly if you only trained this year. It does take a long time and hard work to create a client base particularly when NSS are prevalent in your area but others have done it:green:

The safest way I know of to pass on products is to contact your nearest further education college and ask if they have any students who would like your products.they might let you put a small leaflet on their notice board. Make sure you still have all your receipts etc so they know you are a genuine seller.

hope this helps :hug:

Hiya

sorry to hear your thinkin of giving up as you enjoy it so much.
I'm sure you will find someone to buy your equipment but have you really tried everything?
Maybe if you tried matching their prices but make it look like a special offer, better to make something than nothing and hopefully people will realise you are doing a better job and less damage to the nail bed.

i hate to hear of anyone feeling pushed out by competition, if only the public could see past pricing and realise the possible effects of NSS

Please dont give up without a really good fight, it took me a couple of years to get busy and that was without NSS at the time

I wish you the best whatever you decide to do
Pam xxx

oops, I mean Nail tech students, not any old students to play with pro products!

There are salons like mine crying out for nail techs. Are you absolutely sure you have explored all avenues?

I'm sure you've worked hard and invested a lot of time, sweat, blood, tears and money into this.

BUT the thing is this: it takes more than a year to get your own business going. It takes anywhere from 2 to 5years for you to see 'real' profit and to see it pay you back all that you invested (depending on the kind of business).

I've been at this ummm 5yrs now? And only just the last year or so, I've seen real profit and see it pay me back all that I invested.
Building a clientel is very hard, lengthy work.

You don't want to undersell yourself, and wind up making nothing BUT if you offer something other's don't and/or use a low price to get them in the door to SEE the difference... Once word gets around, you won't have to go looking for them anymore. They'll come looking for you. I haven't advertised in 2years. And I have newbies showing up regularly, and slowly filling in all the hours I've added to my schedule.

Could you not keep at it part time, and take on another part time job to help pay bills? Until your name gets out there?
Truth is, you can advertise until your purple in the face BUT it's the repeat clients that bring you the business when they flash your nails around and tell people about you.

Perhaps approach a few waitresses, bank tellers, estheticians, hairdressers (people in the public eye) and offer them a special deal to get your nails noticed? (lower prices? free nail art to get the nails noticed... )
Ever since I got several clients that work in the public eye, my base has exploded.

Crossing fingers for you. This business is a toughie.
:hug:

Why not keep all your stuff for a bit, if you love it it would be a shame to get rid of it. If you do this you may regret it and then never get back into it. Say keep it for the next six months to a year before you get rid of it. We have all had a THATS IT!!! I AM GIVING UP moment in our careers not just in this industery but everyone. Think how lucky you are to have found something you love doing, hope this helps xx

Hi

If you are in the Richmond, Heathrow, Isleworth - west london / Middlesex area - i would love to get in touch!

Stacey

Thank you for all your messages - there is too many people in heathrow, hounslow area that are NSS, ladies from abroad with poor english doing nails at their own home for £5 for full set. Too many people are going for cheap prices.

I have spent loads on advertising and time flyering and trying to get people to turn towards quality and qualifiations = profesional but unfortunately the main customers being 13 - 29yrs perfer to pay lowest price going.

I have kept a few things just to do friends and family and looking to go back to the salon. Until a law passes that you need to be qualifed and with experience and a good understanding - i am in a sinking boat.

if anyone in the west london area can help - i would be very grateful.

Stacey

this is a good opportunity for you to stick around £5 for a set of nails will lead to big business for you when clients start turning up asking you to fix shabby nails that the nss has done just think each of their clients WILL turn to a proffesional in the end and they are more likely to stay with you

Thank you .....to everyone for your support and optism - i will re think about it. I think i have a few haters (in the friend and family circle) that dont help either.

thank you awww :hug:

this is a good opportunity for you to stick around £5 for a set of nails will lead to big business for you when clients start turning up asking you to fix shabby nails that the nss has done just think each of their clients WILL turn to a proffesional in the end and they are more likely to stay with you

Latest posts

Back