Where will it all end?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think everyone is different with what they would regard as a cheap treatment .. If I seen a hair salon offering a cheap hair cut or colour I wouldn't go. I'd think that they surely can't be any good if their prices are that low ( although may not be the case ) that's how my mind is set, my hair is far more important to me than beauty treatments, as I would try out some one who was offering a reduced price in say shellac as my nails are not that important to me so if say they where to not be up to standards although I'd just have them removed I'd never go back again ... I have been to a well known spa and had bio sculpture nails that I paid a fortune for and resembled jelly tots after I'd left ... I'm not sure how as professional beauty therapist who have invested so much in products, time and education is actually not making a decent living because of all the under qualified ebayers ... We some how have to pull together to start making a change in the industry, how and where is another story

'Jelly tots'....love it! :p

This is all so true and Frustrating.

I had a call today from new client wanting gel polish manicure then she mentioned she needed previous gel removed from hands and feet.

I explained my costs (removal is free for a reapplication if I applied it but I charge a fee to remove if applied elsewhere). My prices are v reasonable anyway but she was surprised to hear I would charge for removal so I explained needing to charge for my time & products & how she wouldn't need to pay for removal in future if returning as I absorb the cost of a re-app myself.

She was ok after that but it got me thinking - I can't think of any other industry where people would think it acceptable to call up a business and expect to use their time, service and products for free!

Latest posts

Back