Which 3 extension methods should I train in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callie2311

Reaction score
I'm going on a hair extensions course but I'm not sure which 3 methods to pick? Here's the list, could anyone help with which 3 would be most beneficial & popular for me to train in please...

Nano Rings
Micro Rings
Pre-Bonded Hot Fusion
UltraSonic Cold Fusion
Shrink Tubes
Micro Ring Weft

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

If the course is NVQ accredited you will need to do at least one hot, so there's hot pre-bonded.

I would also do the cold fusion and the weft.

If you can do fusion you can do micro-ring and nano ring etc. quite easily, but you'll have no need to as the results aren't nearly as nice as fused (in my opinion as a trainer).

Good luck.

I trained in pre bonded, shrinkies and micro ring, they have all been popular for me x

If the course is NVQ accredited you will need to do at least one hot, so there's hot pre-bonded.

I would also do the cold fusion and the weft.

If you can do fusion you can do micro-ring and nano ring etc. quite easily, but you'll have no need to as the results aren't nearly as nice as fused (in my opinion as a trainer).

Good luck.

When I looked on YouTube, is there much difference between the hot & cold fusion apart from the obvious as they look very similar in how they are done, is purely having the qualification for the different machine? I am completely new to all this so I don't have a clue at the moment. I just want to make sure I get my money's worth :)

In our salon Micro Rings and Bonds are the most popular and requested.. Soon shrinkies will be just as popular. So id defo say Bonds,Micro Rings & Easy Shrinks.
Belle teach those 3 methods on there training course..

the cold fusion is a completely different process & different finish. TBH i wouldnt go for the ultrasonic cold fusion straight off as
1) Other methods can give the same benefits for regular-thick hair
2) the machine (loof) is expensive & tempremental
3) the process is slower

Thats not to say its not a great method & really works for thin hair but id go for Balmain or Great Lengths who have a multi strand machine.

If it were me choosing again id go for pre-bonded (heat), nanorings & micro ring weft (good for budgets), but you'll probably find deals on hot prebonds, microrings & shrinkies as a combo and you'll certainly find work for these methods.

Thanks for all the advice ladies.

I've chosen two methods (price wise it was more affordable for me) & I picked Nano Rings & Pre Bonded Hot Fusion. I figured it's the best of both worlds, I get to try the rings & the bonds & least I can branch off from those when money is better & most people have said to me if I can do the nano rings, I can easily do micro rings so the next one I would look at would be cold fusion or shrinkies.

Roll on the training :)

I think thats a good trade off, the hot bonded is very well known and the nano is new yet the basis of one of the simpliest process (rings) ,

I suggest you take some cash or your card with you to training as ive seen a couple of companies let you add another similar method on the day for a small fee ie: shrinkies or micros, the same segmenting as prebonded/nano, no extra learning involved but included on your certificate ;-) )

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I'm going on a hair extensions course but I'm not sure which 3 methods to pick? Here's the list, could anyone help with which 3 would be most beneficial & popular for me to train in please...

Nano Rings
Micro Rings
Pre-Bonded Hot Fusion
UltraSonic Cold Fusion
Shrink Tubes
Micro Ring Weft

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
What is others in your area offering?

I think thats a good trade off, the hot bonded is very well known and the nano is new yet the basis of one of the simpliest process (rings) ,

I suggest you take some cash or your card with you to training as ive seen a couple of companies let you add another similar method on the day for a small fee ie: shrinkies or micros, the same segmenting as prebonded/nano, no extra learning involved but included on your certificate ;-) )

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Oh thanks for the tip :) I'll be sure to do that!

Latest posts

Back