Which Beauty Therapy books are worth buying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyb

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a book to help with my studies with colured pictures & diagrams etc in them. As they are all around £20.00+, I don't want to buy more than 1 or 2 books. Rather than waste my money can anyone recommend good books to help with my NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy Course? I am also looking to progress onto Level 3 afterwards.

Rebecca x

you could search about for beauty therapy - the foundations by lorrainne nordmann on amazon/ebay for 2nd hand copies. the 4th edition is the latest one (2007) thats out but theres gonna be a 5th edition coming out this april.

Hiya.
when i was at college i had a book by 'susan cressy' which i found to be quite good, i think it was called the 'the beauty therapy fact file' but dont quote me on that! things will have moved on a bit since then so there may be more up to date versions now.
hope that helps a bit :green:

I'm looking to buy a book to help with my studies with colured pictures & diagrams etc in them. As they are all around £20.00+, I don't want to buy more than 1 or 2 books. Rather than waste my money can anyone recommend good books to help with my NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy Course? I am also looking to progress onto Level 3 afterwards.

Rebecca x
Beauty Therapy by Jane Hiscock and Frances Lovett for level 2 is fantastic has detailed diagrams and step by step pictures of treatments.Both ladies are lecturers at the college I attended and very good.They cover all aspects of level 2

Also Beauty Therapy S/NVQ Level 3 by Jane Hiscock,Elaine Stoddart and Jeannie Connar is excellent.Have both and they were my bibles.

Will post link for you

Beauty Therapy S/NVQ Level 3 S/NVQ Beauty Therapy for Levels 1 2 and 3: Amazon.co.uk: Jane Hiscock; Elaine Stoddart; Jeanie Connor: Books

HTH

I found Beauty Therapy The Foundations by Loraine Nordman pretty good - I can't find my copy though, must have gone AWOL when I moved house :eek:

I also found "Beauty therapy fact file" by Susan Cressy very good, that was about 7 years ago!! but its a really good book covers everything with a business section at the back u could probably get one second hand or maybe there is an updated version:idea:

Thank you for everyones advice & links all 3 books seem very comprehensive. I think I'll go to the local bookstore & have a look through all 3 if they have them & make my mind up from there. Thanks again everyone xxx

Latest posts

Back