Which brand brow tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rapunzelxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

Wondered if any beauty geeks had any advice to offer me..Are there different shades of Brown lash/brow tints?

I'm a hairdresser but did Beauty Therapy first (NVQ 1+2) many moons ago.

I'm finding my Brown tint colour too 'flat' if that makes sense? I'd like it a little bit warmer if possible.. Maybe it's the hairdresser in me!

I'm using Sally's own brand at the moment. I was just wondering if there are any definite differences between different brands? Or have you found that they are all alike?

Thank you in advance :) xx

For years I thought that there was black, blue black, grey and brown. I then discovered light brown and red etc from refectocil, available at Ellisons. I have also done lots of further training with brows and learnt of the benefits of mixing colours for my clients.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The only problem with Refectocil is that you need to patch test your clients before each tint treatment!!!!!

Which is why I have switched to Strictly Professional.

The only problem with Refectocil is that you need to patch test your clients before each tint treatment!!!!!

I must admit I have also stopped using it but I think they have the biggest colour range although I may be wrong!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why is this Jacqueline? I haven't used Refectocil for a long time, I didn't know that! X

Insurers tell us we must be advised by the supplier and Refectocil are protecting themselves completely by stating a patch test is required before each treatment.

Insurers and suppliers are making it difficult for us in their endeavours to protect themselves from lawsuits.

There aren't going to be many clients prepared to come in for patch testing before each tint treatment. I would be ticked off if I was a client.

They will go somewhere else. And actually, I don't blame them!

squidgernetball - you are right to say they have the largest colour collection. I love the chestnut colour for my natural auburn/redheads. They also do a purple!

Jacqui x

I remember this conversation on here before about Refectocil requiring a patch test prior to every application and we couldn't find any evidence to support this. No-where on their website does it state that and nor does it on the instruction leaflet in the box. I have a brand new, unopened box here and have just read through the leaflet and it doesn't even mention the need to do a patch test at all :eek:

In fact I've just checked the tube and the box too, and in very small print on the box it simply says "Patch test is advisable" - no time scale or frequency is mentioned.

I love refectocil, the colour range is amazing and it lasts beautifully without fading and the colour is intense ie, black for lashes. I custom mix for my own brows depending on how red I've had my hair tinted but there's also great shades of brown that suit really fair blondes xx

I remember this conversation on here before about Refectocil requiring a patch test prior to every application and we couldn't find any evidence to support this. No-where on their website does it state that and nor does it on the instruction leaflet in the box. I have a brand new, unopened box here and have just read through the leaflet and it doesn't even mention the need to do a patch test at all :eek:

I wonder if they've changed their advice - the instruction leaflet that I have (from an old box) has a whole paragraph on Skin Sensitivity Test and states that a test must be carried out 48hrs before each application.

Wow! So many replies :) Thanks for your input xxx

I wonder if they've changed their advice - the instruction leaflet that I have (from an old box) has a whole paragraph on Skin Sensitivity Test and states that a test must be carried out 48hrs before each application.

I think they must have which is interesting ;) My box has the New formulation stamp on it and only bought it a few weeks ago.

I think they must have which is interesting ;) My box has the New formulation stamp on it and only bought it a few weeks ago.

That would be fab news - I can start using them again if the advice has been reworded!!! Common sense from a supplier at last:)

Jacqui x

Refectocil is great and I'm also a fan of combinal :) I was the same, thought all tint was the same - how wrong was I?! Lashes tinted with combinal black for fair clients are amazing!

That would be fab news - I can start using them again if the advice has been reworded!!! Common sense from a supplier at last:)

Jacqui x

It certainly has changed but I wonder why? Has a company actually listened to their customers for once?! Lol

I thought we had to test patch with every tint. What have I missed? x

I thought we had to test patch with every tint. What have I missed? x

Does it not depend on your insurance company's requirements and the product instructions? My insurance states that I must follow manufacturers instructions, which in the case of Refectocil which I use, now only state that a patch test is advisable. If the product you use says to patch test before EVERY treatment then that's what you have to do.

I patch test all new tint clients 24 hours prior to treatment, and again if the product formulation changes which Refectocil has recently. This is in accordance with my own insurers ABT.

Other insurance companies and tinting brands may have different requirements.

Latest posts

Back