Which camera (for pics of college work)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharondd

Reaction score
I have been told that it would be a good idea to have a camera for college to take pictures of our work

Could anyone tell me which is the best camera for really close up photo's of nails, I want them to be nice and clear

I dont want a really expensive camera

Any idea's?

Thanks

hiya I don't know a lot about cameras but for up close detailed pics you need a camera with "macro" most cameras have it now so maybe just go for ones on offer .

my advice would be to get it of amazon I find everything is cheaper on there !! but then again there might be some pre Christmas deals on at Argos or tesco maybe

xx

Really, any 5 mp or larger digital camera will work. I don't even think that they are made without a macro setting anymore. However, generally if you use the auto focus mode and only press the button down part way--the camera should set itself for macro if it is needed.
The thing that really helps make your pictures stand out is two-fold. First stage your pictures. Backgrounds, lighting and props are important but should not overwhelm the nails. Second, your software should be able to adjust your photos, crop them, resize them, even do a little cosmetic clean up--as well as change the background or lighting, add a watermark (all of your pictures--even as a student--should have your signature going across the picture to signify your work. I use Corel Photoshop Pro and it is very easy to use and works wonders! Don't know where you would find it over there, or how much it would cost, but I bought mine from their website for $40.

Thanks for the advice, I will have a look around

Hi I am at college just now doing nails and I use my iphone4 for my pics. It is really clear and great if you want to upload pics online straight away. So if the camera on your phone is good you could use that. Save the extra expense of buying a camera. x

Thanks Cha, my phone camera is rubbish but Im hoping that santa is going to bring me an iphone for christmas, Ive been a good girl ;-)

Well fingers crossed. I luv mine. Gettin the new one next week. :) couldn't live without it now lol. :)

Latest posts

Back