Which Colour product??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a beauty salon and in December we started got a hairdresser in and started offering dry cuts, which has took off really well!

So we've decided to expand to offer a full hairdressing service but we want to keep prices as low as poss. What colour range would you all suggest? I know most of you might say Well but we just cant afford that.

Someone did mention to me XP or Rusk just wondered what everyones thoughts were on these brands or am i wasting my money?

Many thanks

Defo wasting your cash on XP, it's terrible!
I'm mobile and use Wella, I find if you do a good colour you'll get more business, so I'd say it's worth the extra cost x

Thankyou. And how much did it cost you to set up with Wella? Did you get a good set up deal?
Thanks

I would have to agree about the XP colours the only nice thing about them is the price, they are kinda wishy washy and don't cover grey very well. If you like Wella but want something cheaper try Kadus they are the same colours numbered the same, made by the same company (proctor & gamble) just a bit cheaper.

I would have to agree about the XP colours the only nice thing about them is the price, they are kinda wishy washy and don't cover grey very well. If you like Wella but want something cheaper try Kadus they are the same colours numbered the same, made by the same company (proctor & gamble) just a bit cheaper.

Thanks for that. Do you know where i can get this brand for or do you have a number for them? Thnks

Wow I never knew this! Might check that out myself then!
Anyone else use these?

nxt generation from alan howard i used majirel for 25 years got too expensive
Hi All,

I have a beauty salon and in December we started got a hairdresser in and started offering dry cuts, which has took off really well!

So we've decided to expand to offer a full hairdressing service but we want to keep prices as low as poss. What colour range would you all suggest? I know most of you might say Well but we just cant afford that.

Someone did mention to me XP or Rusk just wondered what everyones thoughts were on these brands or am i wasting my money?

Many thanks

I know you are not wanting to spend a lot of money but you get what you pay for. There is a reason why these colour brands are cheap.

Most colour companies are about £5.99 plus V.A.T. which is not expensive at all. I use Schwartzkopf and they don't ask for a minimum order. Plus the more you buy, the cheaper it gets.

Colouring is a competitive business and if you want to gain and retain clientèle then don't cut corners.

Kadus is very good and exactly the same as Wella. I used this for 2 years in a previous salon. 6 years ago it was £6.99 plus V.A.T. a tube. The only thing I don't like about Kadus/Wella is the hi-lifts swell. :(

We use Infiniti colours from Affinage. They are great colours with datum technology and great for grey coverage. They're £6 a tube but the tubes are 100ml.

Matrix socolor is a very popular brand with a large tube and good price. Colour is good with good technical backup on hand.

Spohisticutz...the Wella high lifts are being redone and released i think next month, worth looking at. x

Still using majirel by L'oreal despite the cost. Nothing else comes close.

majirel is similar price wise to koleston (wella) isn't it? I emailed loreal when I opened the salon about stocking them...but got nothing back. made my choice to go to wella :D x

Yes it is a comparable product to koleston. I have used both but spent longer with majirel and stuck to it.
Am having a look at the new INOA colours this week.

the girl who does college placement was a model for the new INOA colours...she was fascinated with the concept and it was very well soldd to them...colour didn't last very well on her hair though, only example i've seen though and they are certianly pulling out all the stops with the TV campaign and all!

I use loreal majarel you can buy it from any good wholesaler on another thread they were saying indola colour was good its 3.99 plus vat for 60mil maby search it on here x
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back