Which coloured acrylics with CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asteropi

Reaction score
Hey geeks,
I'm thinking of advancing on to retention system, but I'm rubbish when it comes to mix and match colours. Which is why working with their additives is just a pain to even think of.
Which acrylic powders would you think works best with them?
Or should I try a different system altogether?

The girl I go to uses nsi and Tammy Taylor coloured and glittered acrylic I love it! Not sure if it would be compatible with CND liquid though. She said she's used that before but I wouldn't trust it without asking CND first. She uses nsi liquid for both xx

As with other brands, CND monomers and polymers have been developed to work together safely and effectively. It is not recommended to mix brands in this way and would certainly void your insurance as you wouldn't be following manufacturers guidelines.

As with other brands, CND monomers and polymers have been developed to work together safely and effectively. It is not recommended to mix brands in this way and would certainly void your insurance as you wouldn't be following manufacturers guidelines.
I was mainly referring to coloured powders. Not to use the cnd monomer with other structure powders.

Basically I'm quite confused. Is it better to use ready-made acrylic powders or mix them yourself using pigments?
The ready-made seem easier as a choice, but since cnd doesn't work like that, I was wondering if it can be combined with another coloured acrylic brand.
I've heard ezflow can work with cnd, but I would appreciate it if someone could verify that.

And if it can't, can I at least add any sort of pigment into the clear cnd powder, or is it just their additives they work with?

I'm at a loss as to which way I should go. Which system would be better for a beginner like me?

Last edited:
CND recommend to use the system as a whole, using a different brand powder may cause service breakdown and lead to allergies.

Is there a big call anymore for coloured powders? Most of my clients have clear enhancements and if they want something mad, it's normally done with shellac on top. This saves me buying products that won't be used very often, but also makes the most sense as it is so much easier to change the design at a rebalance appointment.

You can make your own glitter and coloured powders by mixing pigments/glitters into clear powder. As long as the pigment / glitter is no more that 30% of the total powder you should be fine! Just buy some small jars and mix them as requested.

CND recommend to use the system as a whole, using a different brand powder may cause service breakdown and lead to allergies.

Is there a big call anymore for coloured powders? Most of my clients have clear enhancements and if they want something mad, it's normally done with shellac on top. This saves me buying products that won't be used very often, but also makes the most sense as it is so much easier to change the design at a rebalance appointment.

You can make your own glitter and coloured powders by mixing pigments/glitters into clear powder. As long as the pigment / glitter is no more that 30% of the total powder you should be fine! Just buy some small jars and mix them as requested.
will any pigment work with cnd or do i have to use specifically their additives? it's just that their additives collection doesn't have many colours

You can put any pigment into them , I would just make sure that they are suitable for cosmetic use ;)

You can put any pigment into them , I would just make sure that they are suitable for cosmetic use ;)
ah then that seems to solve my problem.
I thought I could only use their additives, but their colours are so few, I was so disheartened! I'll have a look around then, thnx!

I use coloured acrylic often as several of my clients don't want gel polish on top. I also mix pigments and glitters.
I use Nsi technicolor and secrets range and just purchased the cjp range and love them. Both the Nsi secrets range and cjp design range aren't strength powders but highly pigmented so can be added as a thin layer and easily removed at the next appointment.

I use coloured acrylic often as several of my clients don't want gel polish on top. I also mix pigments and glitters.
I use Nsi technicolor and secrets range and just purchased the cjp range and love them. Both the Nsi secrets range and cjp design range aren't strength powders but highly pigmented so can be added as a thin layer and easily removed at the next appointment.
the technicolor range are strenght powders?

Latest posts

Back