Which courses are we all doing in the New Year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
I'm always banging on about courses and education lol! What can I say I love learning :) so in this respect I'm always looking at the next step.

I'm at a stage where I don't particularly need to do anymore courses at all for the sake of my treatment menu because I feel it's already there in terms of offering the essential stuff as well as the luxurious stuff so anything else I learn will be the more obscure stuff I guess.

Most currently I'm looking at maybe starting a vtct level 3 diploma in makeup artistry in the new year if I feel I can mentally cope with taking out the 24plus loan for it. Further to that I may take a ptlls course towards the end of the year.

If I have a surge of unexpected income I've also got thai, sports and pregnancy massage on the to do list. Im unsure about electrolysis and body electricals because I can't see getting the opportunity to get good at those in today's industry. I'm unsure about learning to use an electric nail file. Colour therapy looks interesting but I don't think I'll have that much disposable income to play with this year as I am beginning as self employed soon.

In terms of work it's all about the self employed work, perhaps with some short stints and/or weekend jobs at spas and maybe a makeup counter if I can cope with standing up for a full shift.

So that's me and now I want you to tell me about you :) what are your plans for the year ahead :)

Edit: I can still see wanting to do hairdressing at a later date but one thing at a time and all that jazz!

I will be working on finishing my level 2 beauty course in May and looking forward to starting level 3 in September. I'm hoping to do a gelish course in January/February. I've also seen a Himalayan salt facial at college which I fancy.

Good luck with all your learning.

I will be working on finishing my level 2 beauty course in May and looking forward to starting level 3 in September. I'm hoping to do a gelish course in January/February. I've also seen a Himalayan salt facial at college which I fancy.

Good luck with all your learning.

That facial sounds lovely :) are you thinking of doing massage or general level 3?

Further to that I may take a ptlls course towards the end of the year.

PTLLS will no longer be in the new year Hun it is going to be replaced by the Cert Ed combining the PTLLS and CTLLS together :) it's a year course i am actually undertaking it as we speak it's hard but worth it but I have already completed the PTLLS beforehand so didn't have to do unit 1 hth in information terms :) 30 minimum of teaching is req for my criteria of my course that I'm taking others could be diff :) x x

Great thread
Ok so for me it's shellac brings em back, and brisa convert in January and then kim lawless speed wax in feb, thinking about doing the l&p conversion as well with the aim of working towards my master architect, sculpter and painter courses within the next year or two!

I love training and get so excited. Always meet lovely people too!

Personal i want to complete my level 5 management and leadership course.

I am planning on doing a foundation degree in business management next September.

For my girls in the salon id like to get one trained in pregnancy and one in deep tissue massage - that's 2014's goals.

We are training in billion dollar brows on Monday and will be adding those and lash lift to a brand new lash and brow bar service.

I'd like to get practicing at eyelash extensions. Im qualified but haven't ever practiced enough.

Jemima :)

I'm hoping to finally do my Brisa Lite Smoothing and Brisa Lite Build it classes now that both of my kiddies are at school.

I've already got a one stroke course booked for April with Gemma Lambert so I'm very excited about that.

Other than that I'm not entirely sure what else I'm going to do yet.

Xx

In a hairdresser but am obsessed with nails I want to go on shellac courses next year eeek! Xxx

Eyebrow threading & then I'm done :)

I'm going to begin my journey of courses to become a CND master ... Everything. Haha.
Some of the courses will be my Xmas pressies :D

Laura xx

Next on the list for me is The polished nail, Spa-tacular and Shellac art & styles not sure which one to do first though lol xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Master painter, threading and full body massage and that is all!

Minimi wraps and contour d'or training. May also do SP lash course xx

Would love to do the master painter course and a brow course too.

Already completed the shellac brings them back, art & style , brisa smoothing gel. & master painter so hopefully will do the sculpting gel course :)

Next on my list is going to be pedicures and then I want to do threading, eyebrow wax, tint and shape :)

Will hopefully be taking in decleor pretty soon so will be attending their weeks facial training :)

Always wanted to the Master courses with CND, so thats what this year holds. Shellac Master Painter first, then L& P, and if i get chance the Brisa Lite💅

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hopefully CND Naturally or CND Naturally + Gel! Just waiting on S2 contacting me with the dates!

I also begin a C&G makeup course in Jan at my local college, exciting! No other plans as of yet but I'm hoping to do waxing with Kim Lawless (haven't started formal planning for that one yet!)

Will hopefully be taking in decleor pretty soon so will be attending their weeks facial training :)

Oh my goodness you're so lucky I'd love to train with decleor :) there are some brands you can only train with if an employer puts you on the course or you have a business big enough to support bigger brands. In this respect I would jump at the chance to train with decleor/dermalogica/guinot/clarins/elemis/espa/thalgo. Enjoy your decleor training :)

In terms of product training, if I can afford it I would like to do Gérards pregnancy massage training and perhaps their colon massage training too as I currently use them for facials :)

Latest posts

Back