which file for blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi all.

this got me thinking, someone I know has just finished a basic nail training course and they gave me their training book to look over. In the instructions it says to use a 80/80 grit file to blend the tip to the nail. Dont you all think that is a bit harsh?

what do you use to blend the tip.

Hi all.

this got me thinking, someone I know has just finished a basic nail training course and they gave me their training book to look over. In the instructions it says to use a 80/80 grit file to blend the tip to the nail. Dont you all think that is a bit harsh?

what do you use to blend the tip.

Yes I do. A 180 grit abrasive is ample and most of the time if I am using CND tips I use a 180/240 grit ... CND tips are so easy and fast to blend anyway.

Yes I do. A 180 grit abrasive is ample and most of the time if I am using CND tips I use a 180/240 grit ... CND tips are so easy and fast to blend anyway.

hi, so a 80 grit is not to coarse to blend?

yes it is!
!the higher the number the softer the grit
so 80 is extremely harsh , yet 240 is very soft
hth x

80 is only good for woodwork !!!...:lol: x

YOUCH ! do you have any nail plates left:green:

Only joking ! just make sure your removing SHINE with a gentle abrasive 240 grit as stated !

hi all, thank you all so much for the help. so let me get this stright...
80 grit file - which is very coarse IS ok to blend a tip to the nail..
Use a softer file grit to remove shine afterwards?

I appreciate all the help, I have a problem with my fingertips, so cant really feel the grits!

Do not use any file that is less than 180 grit to blend tips.

80 is less than 180 and therefore too harsh for tip blending.

I hope that is clear.

i use a 180 or 240 grit file for blending

Latest posts

Back