Which gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy222

Reaction score
As a nail tech who has made the transition 2 years ago from fibre glass to Bio gel im looking to add a gel polish to my range of services and im really not sure which to go with. Obviously everyone screams about Shellac but is that because it was one of the first? Is it the best?? I hear lots of you talk of Gelish, is it better??? The other problem is i see gel polish manicure as a high cost when a fullset of Bio gel isnt far off the same price and also gives strength and reinforcement to the nail which the gel polish doesnt, so whats my selling point??? Advice from really users please x

Can anyone advise???

Hi I don't use bio gels but have just had a set done yesterday (overlays). I am considering training in bio myself. Would you need to offer a gel polish as IMO bio is both an extension and polish with all the colours available ?

I currently use Gelish and progel brands of gel polish forgot to add x

This is one of my questions i dont see i have to do a gel polish but i do have potential clients calling asking if we do it. Am i missing a market?

This is one of my questions i dont see i have to do a gel polish but i do have potential clients calling asking if we do it. Am i missing a market?

I started with gelish and have since done my bio training. To be honest, most of my clients have bio, unless there is a colour they particularly like from my gelish range. Also I charge less for gelish but still most go with bio. I have used gelish colours with bio base and finishing gels (on myself so far) which also works really well. Have you had a gel polish applied to your own nails? Maybe that would be a good start, see if you like it yourself before investing. I love gelish but I'm not sure I would be losing out if I didn't have it now that I also offer Bio.

Latest posts

Back