Which iPhone apps do you use for your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
I am due an ungrade at the end of next month & cant wait to get an iphone, they seem amazing!

I just wondered what apps do you use that you would recommend for salon/business owners that can help? x

HI, im the same! Have an iphone and would love to hear of any apps that people use. There must be some great ones out there but i dont know any at the moment

LolaSpa xxx

Hi I have a planner just to remind me of time and date for clients, also have wattsapp it's a free messenger over wifi and 3GS I can send pics of nails and anything else for free. Oh and also have iloader2 which I upload all my clients pics straight to my face book:)

I just got a free app called shorthand. check it out, I dont know if there's a catch but it seemed pretty good to me, you can add your services and colour code them, add an employee and their hours of work and add clients too or use ones saved on your contacts on your iphone! you can pay and upgrade to pro but it seems so easy to use if it's cheap enough I might just do that lol. When you're logged in you can send mass emails to clients too :) hth x

The best app for me has to be the vat calculator. If you are rubbish at maths like me then it will be a god send. Its called calc VAT

Thank everyone, looks like a handy lot of apps to get :D Roll on the end or September, then I can join the iphone club!

Does anyone use anything for taking card payments? I am sure I remember reading something on here were clients can pay by card via an app? Is that correct? x

Hi I've just got mychair app..it's fab!! It manages your diary, colour codes treatments, organises mass contact by text or email to clients based on how long since they last had an app..so you can send reminders out etc, also follow up texts to new clients to see how they like your service etc. It also pulls reports for how much you've made in any day, week or month. I've seen a few payment apps but I've not got one yet as I haven't looked into it properly, wud love any advice on this.xx

Sounds really good, how much is the mychair app? x

Thank everyone, looks like a handy lot of apps to get :D Roll on the end or September, then I can join the iphone club!

Does anyone use anything for taking card payments? I am sure I remember reading something on here were clients can pay by card via an app? Is that correct? x

Oh yesss you've just reminded me there is! I cant remember what it's called.

Hi I've just got mychair app..it's fab!! It manages your diary, colour codes treatments, organises mass contact by text or email to clients based on how long since they last had an app..so you can send reminders out etc, also follow up texts to new clients to see how they like your service etc. It also pulls reports for how much you've made in any day, week or month. I've seen a few payment apps but I've not got one yet as I haven't looked into it properly, wud love any advice on this.xx

I've been looking at this. How do you book in an appointment when you are on the phone? And what if you were to lose your phone? Can you back it up by email?

The mychair app was £13, I have it on my ipad so dont currently come across the prob of booking an app whilst on my phone...altho my new iphone is on order..yeay.. so I'd be interested to see how that works out. You can back it all up to your iTunes on your laptop and have the multiple devices (iPad,iPhone) running them both, and apparently apple is going to launch something called cloud soon which will mean they can all be synched together...presumably instantly, or wirelessly..sorry got no idea about the technical side of stuff.
The payment app i saw was called square, Mychair recommend it but I'm not sure if it's for the uk too, they charge 2.7% per transaction with no other fee's..so seems pretty easy to work out extra charges.

I just bought the my chair app and my iPad2 keeps crashing despite me informing them and the creators being aware it has a few glitches I can't use the app until new updates feel really disappointed also read the reviews because I'm not the only one maybe it's just a few of us but I'm using shorthand for now

Oh no that's not good,I've got it on an ipad2 as well. Mine seems fine, only had it a few days but the only glitch I have is its putting appointments in the wrong place on month view. week and day is fine tho..

ive got an app called mybook, its a great wee appointment book that allows me to add clients, their appointments, how long they are in for, how much it will cost for their treatment and it sets an alarm
to remind me of their appointment. i like it and use it alongside my paper diary. its handy as ive always got my phone if i dont have my book :) xx

ive got an app called mybook, its a great wee appointment book that allows me to add clients, their appointments, how long they are in for, how much it will cost for their treatment and it sets an alarm
to remind me of their appointment. i like it and use it alongside my paper diary. its handy as ive always got my phone if i dont have my book :) xx

Got fab reviews so I hear and 4 weeks ago it got app of the week gonna try it, thank you

I've been looking at this. How do you book in an appointment when you are on the phone? And what if you were to lose your phone? Can you back it up by email?

Good point didn't think of that

This is turning out to be really good :biggrin:

Silly question but where do you buy the iphone apps from?
Do itunes sell them?

Is there also a demo or "try before you buy" sample where you can see how it all works first? x

App store on your phone/iPad. There's not a try before you buy but there are screenshots of the app in action and always read reviews :) x

Hi I use an app via my merchant services and it's brilliant when you're out and about. The company is called cashflows and very reasonably priced. I also use the vat calculator, going to take a look at the others mentioned. Thanks

I also use an app called 'money smart' i think it was about £3! Its great for accounts! It will keep track of your income and expenditure. It creates reports on which days make most money, how much uv spent on say stock or wages etc! As long as u take 5 mins to input the data into categories it will provide accurate reports! I would be lost without it!

Latest posts

Back