Which is better gel or acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your interested in nails you have to train in both.... as a minimum.. there is so much more we can all learn... I trained in Gel then on to L&P and though I liked gel when I was training (as it was easy peasy) as soon as I sunk my teeth into L&P I was hooked. (L&P is more artistic to me & I sculp rather than tip)

& chill a bit chook, if you go bitting the head off experienced geeks then no ones gonna want to help u out ;)

which do u find better to use? or be trained in​
hiya tinkerbel, i started off with l&p and am forcing myself to build a apex with gel:lol: and i am not giving up this time! As i have been doing l&p since '89 i find gel a bit of a pain with the lamp and more layers to do than l&p..not to mention the very different technique..but having said that i want to be proficient at both..and from experience some new clients are very adamant they want to stick with gel (mainly due to the misinformation fed to them). So i would say aim to do both! Hope that kinda helped?:lol:
Oh and p.s maybe do a bit of research in your area on whats popular..having said that.. sometimes offering something different can excite people too! Just remember gel contains acrylic also..just in a different form.(for those peeps who think acrylic eats their nail plate away,lol):hug:

i dont care what it is u are negative period, and u have a bit of an attitude problem aswell please stop posting regarding my questions.
When you post a question on an international forum you have to be prepared to listen to all replies, you can't expect helpful advice if you're going to have that kind of attitude.

Regarding your initial question...
Neither UV gel or L+P (liquid and powder) is better than one another, they each have their own qualities. A lot depends on the quality of product you're using, ie you won't get the same strength and longevity of product if you're using a cheap generic brand as you will by using a high-end product. More money is invested in the high-end products, they have top chemists working with the ingredients to bring us (the techs) the best products.

UV gel and L+P have totally different application methods and application can vary from brand to brand, again, a lot of that has to do with how much money is invested in the product.

Here are a couple of threads/articles that should help you...
http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html
http://www.salongeek.com/training/15482-system-comparison-written-salon-magazine-gigi-rouse.html

Latest posts

Back