Which is better gel or acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbel

Reaction score
which do u find better to use? or be trained in

personally neither is better just different, different process, different strength, different look i think its good to know both and your fabrics too...

i agree with becca boo.they both have there advantages and disadvantages.only you can decide what is best for you to use.there will always be people who prefer one from the other.i personally think you need to try both of them to see which one you like best.otherwise some people just choose by what is most popular in there area.hth:)

Is this a serious question???
I'm sorry to be a negative nelly but how long have you been a nail tech for, as your profile does not say much about you.
There is not one form of enhancements that are better than the other as there is not one single client that is the same as another!
Also a nail tech might be great at gels, and terrible at l&p. It doesn't make her any less of a tech does it?
Same goes with fabrics and all others.
It depends on the tech, the training, and the client.

Is this a serious question???
I'm sorry to be a negative nelly but how long have you been a nail tech for, as your profile does not say much about you.
There is not one form of enhancements that are better than the other as there is not one single client that is the same as another!
Also a nail tech might be great at gels, and terrible at l&p. It doesn't make her any less of a tech does it?
Same goes with fabrics and all others.
It depends on the tech, the training, and the client.

im not a nail tech im deciding which system to go for and yes you were a negative belly

Maybe you could fill out your profile tinkerbel to avoid in future confusion,it also helps when replying to your threads and questions.

Many thanks :D

Much appreciated :hug:

Now i am an l+p girl. I personally prefer the look of it opposed to gel.

However both systems are equally strong if done by a skilled technician.

I have "heard" that gel is easier to get to grips with,but as with anything it's swings and roundabouts. You choose gel to ease yourself in and then move on to l+p or master l+p and gel then comes easier :eek: I'm not much help am i ?

Best of luck with whatever you decide

:)becki anything helps thank u

I think It's best to learn both. So u can provide your clients with what their needs are. You'll get to know which u prefer anyway. But It's nice to have more to offer your clients. Good luck :)

See i disagree with Rach,l+p looks much nicer on toes than gel IMO :D I'm just l+p all the way :lol: xxxxx

firstly it's negative nelly not belly!
It also says in your profile that your a nail geek and then says your not but are looking into it?

anyway, i believe L&P requires a different type of skill than Gel.
It's sort of like learning to drive an automatic car instead of an auto. Do you know what i mean? I think doing Gel first would be taking the easier way and you will get far more business doing both and being skilled in both. Can you get into a course that does both?
Ultimately it's your decision because if you have no interest in L&P then your not likely to finish the course in it. All it comes down to though is you will make more money with the more skills you possess and services you offer.
I offer mani's, pedi's, gel, and L&P but would dearly love to learn fabrics as some clients may benefit from fabrics over gel or L&P. I will get there, and so will you.
Once you've finished training you will understand what we are all on about.
Good luck

i dont care what it is u are negative period, and u have a bit of an attitude problem aswell please stop posting regarding my questions.

firstly it's negative nelly not belly!
It also says in your profile that your a nail geek and then says your not but are looking into it?

anyway, i believe L&P requires a different type of skill than Gel.
It's sort of like learning to drive an automatic car instead of an auto. Do you know what i mean? I think doing Gel first would be taking the easier way and you will get far more business doing both and being skilled in both. Can you get into a course that does both?
Ultimately it's your decision because if you have no interest in L&P then your not likely to finish the course in it. All it comes down to though is you will make more money with the more skills you possess and services you offer.
I offer mani's, pedi's, gel, and L&P but would dearly love to learn fabrics as some clients may benefit from fabrics over gel or L&P. I will get there, and so will you.
Once you've finished training you will understand what we are all on about.
Good luck

i dont care what it is u are negative period, and u have a bit of an attitude problem aswell please stop posting regarding my questions.

If you re-read Blossey's reply she has actually given you some cound information. I know you are new to the forum, but please be aware that posting using this type of language means you're in danger of putting people's back up, and that will make people less inclined to help you in the future.......

Anyway, hope you find the info you need. There are a couple of threads floating around at the moment on this topic......

:eek:ouch:eek:

Personally if i could DRAG myself out of my GEL comfort zone i would love to be able to offer l+p too.

I started out in l+p but then tried gel and fell in love with the stuff.

Its so versatile, you can get colours, different variations of french, its great on toes, relatively easy to apply, and best of all no stinky odour:green:

which do u find better to use? or be trained in

I prefer L&P to Gel and personally I prefer to use L&P but thats a personal choice but its both to offer both ideally.

I'd opt to train in L&P first

i think whichever system to train in is, which ever one appeals to you, which do you like the look of which systems application method appeals to you, which one would you enjoy doing....basically which system makes you think " ooh i like the look of that system, the application, the results and i would enjoy" then go from there, we all have personall preferences i love doing l&p more than gel and others visa versa.
Also look at the area the geography of where you will work once trained, which system is polular in your town etc, just a few more things to think about

hello and welcome to the site

everyone will have a preference as too which system they prefer to use, i wouldn't say one is better than another but there are differences

i trained in gel, l&p and fibreglass. I will always recomend this is done so you can see how each system works and choose which you are most comfortable with

good luck with your training

wow, are'nt you charming.

I'm sorry i upset you, but it is helpful to provide us with correct details in order for us to help you better.
I will no longer upset you and yes i will stop replying to your messages....................all of them!
Thank you for being such a lovely contributer of this forum.

Latest posts

Back