Which is more popular - gel or L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
Like the title says which do you find clients want the most? I was thinking of offering only gel but have a feeling l+p will be wanted more? Xx

Are you talking about soft gels or hard gel?

In our salon l&P still rules but only just these days. We do whatever we get asked to do or the clients have whatever we advise them to do (what a client asks for is not always what is the best choice for them) and you need to learn to do ALL systems well. You can't be a complete nail technician and offer only one choice.

My advice if you are just starting out is, that I'd go for L&P and a UV colour coat to start with and then move on to hard gel.

Learning L&P first teaches you complete control of your brush and it teaches you how to structure a nail enhancement so that it lasts (at least a good course will teach you that).

Learning to apply a UV colour cost will teach you how to polish a nail and give you instant business while you are perfecting your enhancement skills.

Get the very best training you can afford is another very important piece of adivice. Good luck.

Last edited:
I will be doing calgel so soft gels, I think I'll definitely offer both then my clients have a choice, I'll also invest in some colour gels, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back