which l&p system is best???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What L&P Brand is your favourite?

• Creative Nail Design

Votes: 324 54.1%
  • EZ Flow

Votes: 87 14.5%
  • OPI

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • Tammy Taylor

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Odyssey

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Star

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • NSI

Votes: 58 9.7%
  • Young Nails

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Alida

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 56 9.3%

• Total voters
hi there Mrs Geek....and Geeg....thanks for clearing this up for me....like i said I have no idea what exactly the conversion course would cover....so maybe my friend did go there expecting something more/different. To be honest I have read THAT MANY positve and great comments about the Creative courses on this forum that Im sure they are great...and one day (when I can afford it!!!!) I'll probably look to get onto a Creative course myself.

I must admit that I am very curious about how great their products are...and will pick up a starter/trial kit form the GMEX in October so I can have a dauble with it...can't wait!!

Tisha said:
I must admit that I am very curious about how great their products are...and will pick up a starter/trial kit form the GMEX in October so I can have a dauble with it...can't wait!!
Can u buy Creative's try me kit if u r not trained by them? (Yes I know it sounds like a stupid question!!!!)

Teena_B said:
Can u buy Creative's try me kit if u r not trained by them? (Yes I know it sounds like a stupid question!!!!)
yes!

Mrs Geek said:
Hi Tisha - no offense taken although it is difficult to rectify a situation if we don't have the facts - you can always PM me if you wish! A One Day Conversion is free with the cost of the kit! The conversion course is for L+P users who have been doing L+P for a year or more! This is NOT a foundation course and is NOT designed to teach you the basics as students who have been using L+P for a year should know these - the conversion course is to teach students HOW to use the system safely and correctly so that they will achieve the best results for their clients! Our award winning education would never expect ANYONE to learn some thing in a day! Hope this helps you somewhat and as I say, a negative experience is not something we want ANYONE to have; a PM may clear this up!! Have a great day!;)
Well I did a conversion course in 2001 and all I can say is..........boy did I learn a great deal!! No, I wasn't taught how to do nails, but what I did realise was that here was a company who wanted me to achieve my best.

They didn't want me to pay my money and then get on with it.......they showed me the light (alleluya mama!). From there I went back and did all my master classes and my Qualification day. And now I continue to go back every year for 1-2-1 training. Every time I go I learn a bit more or tweak my application just a bit..........and is it worth it.

So in finishing, a conversion day is just the beginning......it won't answer all your questions but it will certainly point you in the right direction.

All the best
Adele

hi i have used EZ flow and loved it but it didnt love me and gave me a bad reaction (contact dermatitus) another girl in our salon uses it and if i do one of her clients i start to itch so be ware when changing to new products i had never had a reaction before and have used lots of other brands

I'm also new to the industry and have tried many lines. I have to say that I'm hooked on creative. Good Luck!!

hi,
when doing my training we used nsi products which i didn't like at all so at last years show i brought the creative try me kit and ez flow's but i still can't decide on which one to go with i think they are both great! :confused:

mandyx

When I first started out I used Alpha 9, then I moved to SuperNail, now I currently use Tammy Taylor, although I am interested in Creative after hearing the rave reviews of it...God knows I need every little bit of help I can get!!:lol: :rolleyes: :eek:

Hi

I have to say Christain Cesars :cool: Cesars secrets is mine, have a look on his site if you havent already and you will see why he is an inspiration to us all.
www.cesarssecrets.com

I absolutely love how you explain things Geeg, you make it so easy for people to understand. And I totally agree with your views..........Nice one!!
geeg said:
Each system works a little differently unless you are buying private lable.

Private lable generic products are less sophisticated chemically so therefore it is necessary to be more aggresive to the nail plate itself in order for the product to stick well to the plate.

Personally I look for what a product willdofor ME.
There are very good reasons why Creative is at the top of the tree as far as nail products go. And 10 reasons why I chose to use it in the first instance were.

1. It is a branded line and clients in the know ask for it by name.
2. As long as you clean the nail plate well, there is no need to use any other product such as a primer to get the product to adhere well. Quicker and easier to apply.
3. The product bonds to keratin (the main component of the nail plate) covalently (the only product that does this). No nail plate damage.
3. It has a Silky finish which requires very little finishing.
4. It is not self leveling but rather domes and flows to make a beautiful shape without too much help from the technician.
5. The product never yellows.
6. Each appointment the nails look like a new set.
7. The range is supported by the finest aftercare products in the world.
8. Your clients love YOU for using it.
9. CND have a full Manicure and Pedicure line and Spa services to support every aspect of nail care.
10. Training has a reputation that is the best.

The training is free if you wish to convert to the product. There is only the kit to purchase.

Having done some training with CND, I wasn't impressed with the training because the class was way too big (18 participants) taxing the trainer's time (trainer was sensational, btw). In addition, some of the models were also participating in that they were asking questions etc. It was a frustrating time for me and, as a result, chose not to attend the following day to complete the course. Now I realise this more of an organisational thing moreso than something directly related to the product per se but it did have a lasting (and, unfortunately, negative) effect.

However, while I was there, I gleaned some great tips and bought some great kit so it wasn't a huge loss. But, in the future, I will enquire further as to how many people will be attending and how long each session runs for etc. The training did cost, by the way and did not include a kit. It wasn't free.

I stock CND for clients who insist upon it of which there are three. I admit, it's very expensive and this is why I offset that cost (because I am a sole operater with a small clientele base it's a huge outlay for me) by using another brand, Moncina and I've also discovered Young Nails which isn't bad either!

I use a variety of brushes as I'm still in the process of nailing the right one (oh my, was that a pun? :green: ) But AUD$200 for a CND brush? Sorry, but no way. Love the product but, to be honest, I really can't see how the prices are justified sometimes.

I've Tried Lots Of Different Systems In Try Me Kits, Ezflow,dream,nail Solutions,etc . I Have Found That I Always Come Back To Creative
As I Have Found That I Get Less Problems With Their Products.
I Have Tried Other Brands To Try And Solve Certain Problems I Get With Creative ,but I Think It Is The Case Of Blaming My Tools For My Problems.

I use Galaxy fast set and love the results i get from it.

Are the results of this poll as they are because most people using this site seem to be Creative trained?

I haven't used creative but do use EzFlow L&P which I absolutely love! They do do a trial kit which is a small truly white, small pink and small monomer. and its only £5! You do obviously need their whole range inc primer ezbond files etc to get the best out of it but the trial is great value for what it is.

I suggest trying as many as you can afford to and decide which suits you best.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You might think we're all biased but, I promise you this.. I have tried most on the market and find myself sticking with the product, the tech educaton and support that i've grown to love and trust!
Creative is the way to go. after all they win everything at every show!!! and their stands are always packed.

Jindalee said:

I stock CND for clients who insist upon it of which there are three. I admit, it's very expensive and this is why I offset that cost (because I am a sole operater with a small clientele base it's a huge outlay for me) by using another brand, Moncina and I've also discovered Young Nails which isn't bad either!

I use a variety of brushes as I'm still in the process of nailing the right one (oh my, was that a pun? :green: ) But AUD$200 for a CND brush? Sorry, but no way. Love the product but, to be honest, I really can't see how the prices are justified sometimes.

Hi just wanted to ask i quick question then, as prices with Creative can be/ seem quite costly compared to other companies, surely you could train with another company thats less costly and then take a conversion course if you find clients want their nails done with a certain company? As long as the company you chose has a good rep?! It might sound daft i know, i mean i know the training might be a bit different but if at the time or for the near future you can't afford to do nails with the inital system u're after surely you could learn with another to start off with so that your not having to wait an age to start work?? I know it might be a silly question Please be gentle in answering lol!!!:o

Leah82:)

I use Ezflow love it to bits I will stay with this product now as I am really happy.

Like it has been said why not get some try me kits this would be a great way to find out what you would like to use.

Good luck.

Caz xxx

I love nail basic from premie nail source. It is not one of the big guys yet, but it soon will be in the states.

I like different systems for different things

Jindalee said:
Having done some training with CND, I wasn't impressed with the training because the class was way too big (18 participants) taxing the trainer's time (trainer was sensational, btw). In addition, some of the models were also participating in that they were asking questions etc. It was a frustrating time for me and, as a result, chose not to attend the following day to complete the course. Now I realise this more of an organisational thing moreso than something directly related to the product per se but it did have a lasting (and, unfortunately, negative) effect.

However, while I was there, I gleaned some great tips and bought some great kit so it wasn't a huge loss. But, in the future, I will enquire further as to how many people will be attending and how long each session runs for etc. The training did cost, by the way and did not include a kit. It wasn't free.

It's a shame you don't live in the UK... you may have enyoyed your experince better as to prices... they're Aussie and I don't know how it works... call Jill Malloy at Pacific Nails & Beauty and tell her your thoughts.. tell her I sent you (she's a friend) ... she will listen to your thoughts.:!:

Latest posts

Back