Which laser for hair removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruthie_baby1

Reaction score
Hi
Im just wondering for my personal need which type of laser is most effective for facial hair removal.
I have thick dark hair on and under my chin and sides of face. I have read varioud literature on laser hair removal and the different types of laser but nothing says which is the most effective. I have polycystic ovaries and appreciate laser can be less effective but im at my wits end with it now.
Any advice would be great. Apologies if this type of query shouldnt be posed on here.

Hello, I recently started lazer after many months of research. I in the end went to a cosmetic dermatologist who has lazer clinic. After consultation the doc will let you know which machine to use. And it was actually cheaper then the regular beauty salons who did ipl lazer hair removal.

I am not trying to say that you should not go to a beauty therapist to do lazer, please don't Mis understand me. But with hormonal complications sometimes it eases your own mind to have that extra reassurance. And it was rather painful so just remember to use the cream pre scribed before hand. Lazer hair removal was one the best decisions I ever made. Never regretted it. Xx

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hello, I recently started lazer after many months of research. I in the end went to a cosmetic dermatologist who has lazer clinic. After consultation the doc will let you know which machine to use. And it was actually cheaper then the regular beauty salons who did ipl lazer hair removal.

I am not trying to say that you should not go to a beauty therapist to do lazer, please don't Mis understand me. But with hormonal complications sometimes it eases your own mind to have that extra reassurance. And it was rather painful so just remember to use the cream pre scribed before hand. Lazer hair removal was one the best decisions I ever made. Never regretted it. Xx

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thank u so much. I had laser treatment on my legs years ago but i was on dianette which slows hair regrowth but it worked wonders. Then i stopped taking dianette a few grew back but less dense. Now my face is covered n i tried salons but it didnt even hurt (my legs killed!!) so i guessed it was a poorer type of laser to that used on my legs. The Dr is a nightmare. So your advice is great n its good to know im not on my own. Thanks again x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

i have treated quite a few clients with pcos and i have found the results were very successful i do have to say i preferred using a Laser instead of an IPL system as i found it more effective for hair removal especially on clients with pcos so for best results i would go for Laser, phone you local laser clinic for a consultation which is usually free and discuss your options if you would like anymore info regarding laser please feel free to pm me x

Hi, I have treated many clients with PCOS and I use a laser IPL Pulsar Silk or Zeolight IPL machine to treat them. In my experience IPL dramatically reduces the hair growth, especially with thick facial hair. It is a maintenance programme but the reduction and hair free time is very encouraging for my clients. The Zeolight is a new machine with RF which is less painful for clients.

To remove facial hair permanently two kinds of lasers are used- alexandrite and Nd:Yag. I use this] laser for hair removal at home. I also use it to groom up my face and underarms areas. I like it so much as it helps me much better than other all other remedies I have used before.

Last edited by a moderator:
A diode laser is the quickest and most effective for hair removal
Nd yag on a 1064 wavelength is effective ,ruby and alexandrarite lasers are good for hair but are mainly used for effective tattoo removal
On large areas I start treatment with ipl and finish up the treatments with yag

Latest posts

Back