Which nail course to choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki May

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted asking if I should do OPI or Bio Sculpture. But having read lots of posts here I am starting to think I might contact Sweet Squared. I am a complete beginner so I know I would need a manicure/Pedicure certificate. Could I get work in a salon with these qualifications or am I better off doing the NVQ with the Carlton Institute? I was meant to be doing a nail care course at my local college but not enough people enrolled so it has been cancelled. I was hoping they would know all these answers.

I think alot of employers would be more than happy with a CND qualification.

Dont hold me to it, but I think CND do manicure training.

Bio sculpture also offer manicure training. To offer Bio sculpture you need to train with them directly, if you have worked with other gels you still need to do a conversion course. So again once you are up to scratch an employer looking for a bio sculpture tech would need you to have their qualification.

The good thing about CND is you will do the L&P aswell as shellac.

Bio you do learn enhancements with gel, as well as natural nail overlays.

I personally dont like L&P on my own nails, so didnt want to train in something I wouldnt have done. Thats why I opted for Bio. But there is a huge market out there that like L&P & if you want to just be a nail tech I think its good to have different options.

I offer beauty alongside Bio sculpture.

Xx

Thank you. Its just so hard to decide I think I will just go for one. I can always learn more in the future. I'm thinking of adding tanning and make up in the future to.

Thank you. Its just so hard to decide I think I will just go for one. I can always learn more in the future. I'm thinking of adding tanning and make up in the future to.

Yes, pick one & master that 1st. I dont think you will go wrong with the CND complete. Xx

As pp. After completing shellac course and converting to CND for l&p and gel, I wish I had done their complete course in the first place! Xx

I would highly recommend sweet squared - lovely people there very helpful and amazing products

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app xxx

Latest posts

Back