Which nail tips to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angeldust39

Reaction score
hi huys i recently achieved my diploma in gel nails my one of many courses i am training in, and i was using mercer nail tips and mercer french nail tips but i am finding they are cracking and splitting when i was training on people and not lasting very long, can peeps tell me the best nail tips to use which will not do this and the best gels to use as i find the one i am using is peeling and coming off at the tips after a while not good for business once i start..... all i have done so far is my practising so not wanting to get bad reputation before i even begin...... :)

hey, im keeping an eye on this cos to be honest iv been doing nails two yrs and dont feel like i have the best tip yet.

what i have learned however, is you get what you pay for.
mercia tips are as i recall quite cheap, i think you could start by definatly paying a bit more.

iv tryed OPI structure white tips, which are good but im finding only suite certain clients. Creative (they have blue packaging,cant remember name) they were great fitting but i didnt use white acrylic at that time and found you couldnt just stick on and use an acrylic allover as they seemed to seethrew, and Millenium which again was ok but too thick and took to much time to sort out.

Im considering nsi tips and other creative tips. finding i really like creative and will soon be enquiring about there courses.

The Creative performance tips are fantastic, I really can't see past them at the moment and they come in white, natural and clear. They are very flexible and can be used on most types of nails. :)

hth

Creative tips are fab, I also use Backscratchers which are also great quality. Backscratchers also do a lovely french pearl which is quite unique and give a lovely soft french look.

Karaxxx

hi thanks for all this i will have a look for the better nail tips wit creative and see how i go with them and use the rest of my mercer ones as practise for my other courses coming up as still to do acrylic and sculpting .... :)

hi thanks for all this i will have a look for the better nail tips wit creative and see how i go with them and use the rest of my mercer ones as practise for my other courses coming up as still to do acrylic and sculpting .... :)

nps, give Heather (The Blether on here:lol:), from the Edinburgh Training Centre a call and she will sort you out, the no is 0131 333 3180

Latest posts

Back