Which NSI products are the best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost forgot to mention nurture oil!!!!!! Purple gold as I call it;) and it retails like crazy, literally sells itself!
Permagloss is also great if you have any hairstylists whos enhancements get stained with hairdye. I have a few of those naughty ladies (they refuse to wear gloves no matter how many times I tell them....ok, maybe I'm one of them). I tried every topcoat i could get my hands on but they would all suck up the hair dye, permagloss is the only thing I've found to be inpervious to hair dye. They used to come in for fills with brown fingers and nails, now they come in with brown fingers and sparkling clean nails:)

I am a die hard NSI fan and have literally used every product they sell:) I don't do much l&p anymore but love the Attraction system, it files amazingly smooth, almost feels like gel! I do find most of their pinks a bit on the "warm" side but there are different shades and you can always find one that matches any client but I suppose that goes for most systems!
Balance gel is a-mazing. There are different consistencies (builder, body builder, one step, sculptor, brush on) to fit any techs comfort or climate.I prefer the regular builder gels with the brush on white. The the balance color gels are great too, super great coverage and tonssssss of colors to choose from. I've never had a problem with them chipping at the free edge but you must cap the free edge with every layer.
I also love love love glaze n go (it is my favorite product hands down in any category), its a tack free gel topcoat with unsurpassed shine, I use it over nearly all enhancements. As with any tack free topcoat though its more rigid and may crack over gel.polish on natural nails so for those I use finish clear, its traditional top gel.
The illusion soak-off system is great as well, I have converted almost all of my natural nail clients to illusion and they love it! The color choices are more limited than the balance colors but I mix or add glitter to the clear and then the possibilities are endless;) it is a great soak off system all around, the colors cover very well and can be applied as thin as regular nail polish so a simple nno soak off in about 12 minutes
If you have any questions feel free to message me or ask on here, like i said I'm familiar with quite literally all of their products (LOL), I'd be happy to help:)

I have bought Illusion soak off gel & think the colours & application are great, but I find the soaking off not so good.
I break the surface, soak in cottonwool & foil & mitts but it doesn't come of that easily VERY GRITTY (I am used to Bio Sculpture & Gelish which just peel away like rubber, no prob)
Is there something else I should be doing?

Glaze n Go fantastic! I prefer NSI's new body builder gels at the moment as I find the builder gel is too runny especially in the warm weather! The balance colour gels are fab too, lovely colours. NSI Attraction acrylic is what I use too, great product. Just taken my daughter back to uni today n spent most of the day cleaning her new house (uuggh grotty student houses!) x

I am a die hard NSI fan and have literally used every product they sell:) I don't do much l&p anymore but love the Attraction system, it files amazingly smooth, almost feels like gel! I do find most of their pinks a bit on the "warm" side but there are different shades and you can always find one that matches any client but I suppose that goes for most systems!
Balance gel is a-mazing. There are different consistencies (builder, body builder, one step, sculptor, brush on) to fit any techs comfort or climate.I prefer the regular builder gels with the brush on white. The the balance color gels are great too, super great coverage and tonssssss of colors to choose from. I've never had a problem with them chipping at the free edge but you must cap the free edge with every layer.
I also love love love glaze n go (it is my favorite product hands down in any category), its a tack free gel topcoat with unsurpassed shine, I use it over nearly all enhancements. As with any tack free topcoat though its more rigid and may crack over gel.polish on natural nails so for those I use finish clear, its traditional top gel.
The illusion soak-off system is great as well, I have converted almost all of my natural nail clients to illusion and they love it! The color choices are more limited than the balance colors but I mix or add glitter to the clear and then the possibilities are endless;) it is a great soak off system all around, the colors cover very well and can be applied as thin as regular nail polish so a simple nno soak off in about 12 minutes
If you have any questions feel free to message me or ask on here, like i said I'm familiar with quite literally all of their products (LOL), I'd be happy to help:)

I have bought Illusion soak off gel & think the colours & application are great, but I find the soaking off not so good.
I break the surface, soak in cottonwool & foil & mitts but it doesn't come of that easily VERY GRITTY (I am used to Bio Sculpture & Gelish which just peel away like rubber, no prob)
Is there something else I should be doing?

I havent found this problem, let me ask you a few questions and hopefully I can help or maybe an Nsi rep will see this!:) firstly are you applying too thick? You need to only use even, polish-thin layers. It gets rubbery and yes a little gritty but peels right off very easily. What are soaking off with? Do you use aluminum foil? Also, are you using illusion top gel or illusion shine gel? The shine gel doesnt soak off, so must be buffed off first, if youre not removing all of it, that could be the problem. I use the top coat gel, I don't understand the logic behind using a buff-off top gel over a soak-off gel. I just buff the shine ("break the seal" with a quick swipe of a buffing block or file) before soaking.

The layers are thin, I do use foil, mitts, oh & a bean bag I warm in the microwave too.
I use the top gel & Illusion soak off that came with the kit.

Quote:
I don't understand the logic behind using a buff-off top gel over a soak-off gel.

I have done this sometimes as the buff off over soak off helps to keep chemicals etc from softening the soft gel, especially on me as I am a hairdresser too & can't always wear gloves.

Latest posts

Back