Which organisations do have to register with and insurances do you need when opening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffystuff

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Im totally baffled at the moment and trying to get straight in my head what exactly I need to register my biz with and what insurance policies I will need? Also what companies do you recommend? And roughly how much would each thing cost? I know Il need therapist insurance, do I also need a separate policy for receptionists? What equipment/treatments will require me to reg with the healthcare commision? How do I go about getting all electrical equipment tested and do I need things like the staffroom kettle/microwave etc tested? What liscences (sp is awful I know!) will I need-I know about the music one, though do you need it for just playing cds and how do you reg yourself for this? Please could someone just list anything and everything that I will need to do to insure I will be operating a totally legal biz?Im so confused!!!!!:eek: Any help as always would be really appreciated!x

Joining the Guild will give you £2 million of Individual Public, Product & Treatment liabilty cover, as well as membership of a professional trade association.

If you would like more information, visit Beauty Guild : Home, call our Membership Advisors on 0845 277 383 or drop me a PM.

Hi hun :)

Don't frazzle yourself! Take a look at the business link for your area and also the HMRC website. These are excellent sites to begin with. Also, phone them. I know in the days of email and texting that's a weird concept for some people (even me sometimes :green: - I work on the phones all day at 'work' and it's the last thing I want to do again when I get home!)

Try these first because everyone's situation is different and they will be able to tailor any advice to your specific needs.

HTH's

xx

Professional Beauty Direct (go to Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Welcome and click on Insurance) is excellent. It's really competitively priced, and offers a range of packages tailored to what you need, not just one off the shelf system. They are absolute experts, and will talk you through exactly what you need and be incredibly helpful. I am biased, but they are a superb team.

Joining the Guild will give you £2 million of Individual Public, Product & Treatment liabilty cover, as well as membership of a professional trade association.

If you would like more information, visit Beauty Guild : Home, call our Membership Advisors on 0845 277 383 or drop me a PM.

Thankyou so much for those details-I shall be hot footing it onto the link that you supplied in a bit! And no doubt dropping you a line too:o!
x

Hi hun :)

Don't frazzle yourself! Take a look at the business link for your area and also the HMRC website. These are excellent sites to begin with. Also, phone them. I know in the days of email and texting that's a weird concept for some people (even me sometimes :green: - I work on the phones all day at 'work' and it's the last thing I want to do again when I get home!)

Try these first because everyone's situation is different and they will be able to tailor any advice to your specific needs.

HTH's

xx

Aw thanks Redsadie!lol-I think its too late-Im well and truely on my way to being frazzled!lol!Ooooh-Im at a course Biz link provides on Monday-I thought though it was more generic than specific as there will be other poeple there looking to start up completely diff biz'?Fab news if I will be able to get all my qs answered!I shall have to start scribbling!!!!lol-Im a texter through and through-the thought of phoning scares me-haha-ok so Im not that bad but you get my point!!!!
Thanks once again for your reply!x

Professional Beauty Direct (go to Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Welcome and click on Insurance) is excellent. It's really competitively priced, and offers a range of packages tailored to what you need, not just one off the shelf system. They are absolute experts, and will talk you through exactly what you need and be incredibly helpful. I am biased, but they are a superb team.

Thankyou v much for replying! I am going to have a peek at the link in a sec!Its good to know that there are companies out there that provide tailor made policies with lots of help!(I think Im gna need it lol!)x

And I just thought, have you seen any copies of Professional Beauty magazine lately? It is much more business-oriented and full of advice on marketing, pricing, treatments, staff issues and buying as well as some top nail tips in Nail 101 every month. If you've not seen any copies lately, I could send you some. Just PM me or email me with your address on [email protected] and I'll get some sent out to you on Monday. I'd like to think our magazine could be a good companion to help you out in your hours of need!

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back