Which retail products for mobile therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
hi

ive never offered retail products before with my mobile beauty business.

just wondering what sort of products could I retail?
how do I retail?

Where would I buy the products for a good price where I can make a reasonable profit on it and not over charging the client for it at the same time.

your help would be appreciated.

thanks

tina:)

When i was mobile i didn't retail much at all as i found i had too much to take around with me as it was! A lot of suppliers don't have high minimum order prices anymore so you might be better to just order products in as and when clients ask for them. I find Sallys is good for picking little bits up like nail varnishes and you can pop in there whenever rather than ordering in bulk. :)

Hi
I'm just starting up as mobile and I've printed up a sheet of products that I use in my treatments at retail prices, and then if a client wants to buy something I can show them the list then order it for them. Saves you carrying round a load of stuff! I use Ellisons quite alot and if you can find your products on there, they sometimes put up a recommended retail price to give you an idea.
HTH :)

I didnt do a lot of retail when i was mobile BUT i always had a few bottles of cuticle oil and also oil free moisturiser for my spray tan ladies. they always went very well. anything else i had a list of and ordered it in.

tigi

Hi,

I have one of those large plastic storage boxes that I fill with retail items, mainly of products that I use, and recommend as aftercare with my treatments.
I usually only keep 2 or 3 of the same item in stock, so I can offer a wider selection, and my clients love it! :green: They call it the Goodie Box!! lol

Here's what I retail on a regular basis:
Shampoos
Conditioners
Heat Protection Sprays
Styling Products
Cuticle Oil
Hand Wash
Hand & Nail Lotion
A selection of Coloured Nail Polishes
Base & Top Coats
Files
Pre-Tan Exfoliating scrubs
Tan Extender Lotions

And I do some special items around Valentine's Day, Mothers Day, Easter, Christmas etc, so I hope that has helped a bit and given you a few ideas to get you started!! :)

thanks for your ideas everyone and michelle for giving me a list of ideas, im gona do a bit of research I think and get a few items.

thanks

tina

Latest posts

Back