Which route did you take into beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krayzie

Reaction score
Hi,
As someone who's always been interested in getting into beauty, i would love to hear from you all about the route you took into getting into beauty!

I'm searching for the best route for me and would love some advice from everyone and especially those who have taken courses in London.

Thanks
Krayzie

When I left school at 16 I took a 2year beauty therapy course. And then just got experience in salons.
Your local college should do fulltime, part time or evening courses to suit.

Hi - I started beauty at 24 (11 yrs ago !!!) so had to work at the same time as study. I did an NVQ 2 in beauty therapy on Saturdays for a year and a half then did a full time course for the level 3 which was 4 days a week for a further year and I worked in a health club 2 days a week until I qualified - then i moved into the salon within the health club and started work full time.

I looked in to all the different courses in central London but had to go with what worked with me and my very limited buget. I think the Steiner schools looked great but I couldnt afford that (neither time or money) but I never felt at a disadvantage having done NVQ's at Council run colleges as half the time its the training you receive once qualified which really shaped me personally. I was Elemis trained when i worked in spa's and they motivated me and inspired me so much but thats just me.

Good luck in whichever route you do go!!!

I done a year beauty course at college when i was 18 did not really take it seriously was too busy partying lol then in june this year (im 25 now) i decided that beauty is what i really want to do so i have been doing private courses with cnd, sienna x and cjs school of beauty which i enjoy and find them better as the classes are smaller and you always have great support.

xxx

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies - i'm seriously now considering doing the course at london school of beauty, it costs a little more and is more intense but it's what i've wanted to do since i was 16.

Now all I need is the confidence to actually go out (at the age of 29 next week) and do it!!!!!!

Krayzie

Latest posts

Back