Which tanning brand to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will soon be offering spray tanning in my salon and would love some honest reviews about the brands you have chosen. I'm looking for a natural looking tan, glowing, golden and with retail products to go alongside.

The salon down the street offers spray tanning in a VersaSpa Automated Spray Tanning Booth. However I don't have the space for an automated booth.
What are your opinions on this.. can I find a spray tan to rival them?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Lindsey x

we use st.tropez. comes in classic and dark colouring. reasonably cheap to buy depending on how much you charge. anything from 22 pound for a spray tan using st tropez. of course im sure other salons charge less.

Fake Bake 60 min and Gold x

Sienna X all the way best one I have worked with!!! X X

Australian gold or xen tan x

I use Moroccan Tan it's amazing and all my clients love it! It's really natural looking golden tones it doesn't have that cheap fake tan look to it, it's a real nice classy looking spray tan and it has Argan oil and rose hip oil which leaves skin feeling lovely!

LDN Skins or LA Tan are my favs for colour, application and fade off. xx

Thanks everyone for your input - really appreciate it! x

I also use St Tropez. My clients are always pleased with the tan however it does only come in 2 shades either classic or dark.

Personally I use St.tropez!
They do...
Express tan - this can be a golden glow, classic or dark depending if it is washed off after one two or three hours. This is good as clients don't have to sit in sticky tan for ages. Colour will show after 8hours

They do...
Express tan - this can be a golden glow, classic or dark depending if it is washed off after one two or three hours. This is good as clients don't have to sit in sticky tan for ages. Colour will show after 8hours[/QUOTE
Accidentally posted that early!
They also do dark, classic and sensitive that comes out as a golden glow.
The after care products and home tanning products are also great for retail.
The spray tan itself is great as it got smell lock technology, it's easy to clean up and all organic plant extracts, because of this clients can't go orange due to the brown and black plant extracts that react with the amino acids in the skin. The brand also sells itself due to the name, everyone knows St.tropez! It comes off well, applies well, most natural colours, me and my clients love love love it

They do...
Express tan - this can be a golden glow, classic or dark depending if it is washed off after one two or three hours. This is good as clients don't have to sit in sticky tan for ages. Colour will show after 8hours

Oh yes I forgot about the express! That's what I get for posting half asleep!
I'm excited for the new Luxe spray tan...Are you? Can't wait to try it out in Feb x

Sienna X! Amazing results, great training, great customer service. My clients love Sienna. X

I use the Sunescape range which is a completely natural 2 hour wash'n wear tan in 3 different strengths. My clients love it and remark on how natural it looks and how well it fades and lasts. The best would be if you got in touch with companies and got samples sent for you and your customers to try out before you decide.
I got asked for a tan for cellulite and have now got some samples of Skinny Tan. So far only tried it on myself, but really liked it as it's got a very natural colour and no biscuit smell whatsoever. Have got two lady's who are going to try it for me tomorrow.
My best advice would be to go by what you want from a tan e.g. natural/organic product, how long you have to leave it on before you can shower and price. Good luck and lots of fun in trying out lots of samples.

Oh yes I forgot about the express! That's what I get for posting half asleep!
I'm excited for the new Luxe spray tan...Are you? Can't wait to try it out in Feb x
Oh my god! I'm going to be there when they announce it! I can not wait! "The most luxurious tan yet" I love the product, can't wait to offer it as a salon treatment!

Sienna X for me. Great feedback from clients and they deliver very quickly.

I use Laurens way. Great results different shades and even a rapid tan.

I use london tan it's nice and cheap so can keep your cost down, all my customers love it and I've never had a customer come and not come back for one, there really nice colours and the fade off is really good

Latest posts

Back