Which toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pammi3

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Been a member for a while but I'm a first time poster.

I have a client who has been using box dye on her hair (level 2-3), she wants to go lighter with a full head of highlights to the picture attached.

Can anyone tell me what colour they think this is toned with? (I normally use goldwell but I'm thinking this is more on the lines of wella 8.73?)

Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7114.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7114.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 64
Probably safest to do some strand tests first before going in with bleach so you can check the porosity and general condition before doing a full head.

Also, the picture looks like a root drag with balayage highlights rather than foil highlights.

sorry I should have given more details .......strand test came back good and lifted quite well. Have spoken to her about the pic she supplied and she was adament that she didn't want balayage etc but wanted full foils.......but wanted the tone in the pic (does that make sense?)

I'm thinking now that the 8/73 might be too light so maybe a 7/73 might match the above?

I would tone with a 7 line, it will look less stark against the black colour that will remain, did she lift warm? as you may not need the 7/73 and maybe more of a 7/7?

maybe even 7/17? if she lifts warm the 1 would neutralise a little

Latest posts

Back