Which wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harriettex

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
At the minute I am using justwax and am really not happy with the results. I was looking at investing in Lycon anyway but was going to wait until PB North so I could take advantage of this discount. Does anyone know of a cheap good wax that will do the job until then or do you think I should invest now? Am also interested in waxperts? Can anyone help me with recomendations please?

I am really loving waxperts! Love the colour and the pre and post products are gorgeous. Really good removal on both warm and hot wax! X

have a look at Depileve

Another waxperts fan here! I can't comment on Lycon as I've never used it.

I done my waxperts training last year, the hot wax is very different to any other hot wax I've used, but I love it! I also love the new rose pearl wax that they have brought out which is thinner and faster drying.
Both the purple wax and the rose pearl come in hot and strip wax. The purple ones are better for stronger, coarse hairs and the rose pearl is great for shorter finer hairs.
Defo get used to using the purple hot wax before the rose pearl hot wax as it dries super fast!

My clients all love it too! Hope that helps! [emoji8]

Another waxperts fan here! I can't comment on Lycon as I've never used it.

I done my waxperts training last year, the hot wax is very different to any other hot wax I've used, but I love it! I also love the new rose pearl wax that they have brought out which is thinner and faster drying.
Both the purple wax and the rose pearl come in hot and strip wax. The purple ones are better for stronger, coarse hairs and the rose pearl is great for shorter finer hairs.
Defo get used to using the purple hot wax before the rose pearl hot wax as it dries super fast!

My clients all love it too! Hope that helps! [emoji8]

Oooh I noticed the rose one but it doesn't go with my salon colours [emoji23] I will give it a try though as I hate waiting for the hot wax to harden!!

I love Perron rigot, don't think I could honestly use anything else now! I use euro blond hot wax and cristal ocean (?) warm wax xx

I tried all the top brands and found PR the best for me. I've been using Homme for a while but just did 3 waxes this morning with their new Blue wax and it's lovely.

I tried all the top brands and found PR the best for me. I've been using Homme for a while but just did 3 waxes this morning with their new Blue wax and it's lovely.

I've got a bag of the blue wax here, what temp are you working at with it please?

54 in a Hive digital.

Oooh I noticed the rose one but it doesn't go with my salon colours [emoji23] I will give it a try though as I hate waiting for the hot wax to harden!!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] my salon colours are purple and green! I used to joke that I went with waxperts because it matched my towels!!! But seriously, I do love it and think I love rose pearl even more! [emoji8][emoji171][emoji178]

Hot waxing is also recommended for areas with short hair growth like the upper lip or chin. Because it is more effective in pulling out hair and rules out the need for reapplication, it is suitable for those with sensitive skin.

Hot waxing is also recommended for areas with short hair growth like the upper lip or chin. Because it is more effective in pulling out hair and rules out the need for reapplication, it is suitable for those with sensitive skin.

Aalia - are you just posting with the descriptions of various treatments? The couple of posts I have seen from you are just that - definitions.

Hi Geeks,
At the minute I am using justwax and am really not happy with the results. I was looking at investing in Lycon anyway but was going to wait until PB North so I could take advantage of this discount. Does anyone know of a cheap good wax that will do the job until then or do you think I should invest now? Am also interested in waxperts? Can anyone help me with recomendations please?

With wax it is all about quality and not quantity! At the last PB North, I invested in Waxu, which I personally think is the best brand I've tried- and trust me as a salon owner, I've tested a few! As it's designed for the intimate area, it is also great to use on delicate parts of the skin such as the face, as it's proven to be more comfortable and endurable for my clients! Hope this helps.

Waxperts is great but I hate the after oil, it's not soothing at all and when the other therapist uses it on me I feel like it pulls on my skin. I just use witch hazel instead though :)

I'm using PR Homme for waxing intimate and sensitive areas which is great and outback organics blue for waxing most other areas. It's taken me a little while to get the consistency of the waxes just right but having played around with the settings on my Hive heaters I'm happy. I haven't got much experience of using other waxes but PR and Outback Organics are both fab. Also, the customer service from both companies is brilliant.

Have you taken a look at Epiloderm UK? The most advanced wax system available on the UK MARKET. Training is available at show prices grouch the duration of all the UK beauty shoes even when not attending. It's a patented technique using a non strip wax for all areas of the body. It's makes waxing a more comfortable experience, eliminates ingrown hairs, reduces redness post waxing and also has many more benefits. Your clients who normally shudder at the thought of waxing will suddenly fall in love with waxing. The training covers all body areas including intimate waxing. There's also the sister brand Norma Durville Uk which can be used aslong as you have a waxing qualification-

Last edited by a moderator:
With wax it is all about quality and not quantity! At the last PB North, I invested in Waxu, which I personally think is the best brand I've tried- and trust me as a salon owner, I've tested a few! As it's designed for the intimate area, it is also great to use on delicate parts of the skin such as the face, as it's proven to be more comfortable and endurable for my clients! Hope this helps.
Could not agree more! Like yourself, I took Waxu into my salon after PB North and will never look back. After using PR for years it was time for a change and Waxu is perfect! My regular clients have noticed a huge difference, and new customers have said it's been the best experience so far, which is fantastic! Thumbs up!

Latest posts

Back