Which Wella high lift 12/11 or 12/1?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T12

Reaction score
Hi, advice much appreciated. Which would give me a better looking blonde on a natural lever 6 hair, 12/11 or 12/1 using Wella high lift. I used 12/1 before and it did come out a really lovely colour and client was happy but wondering if I would get an even better result using 12/11?
Thanks

Hi, advice much appreciated. Which would give me a better looking blonde on a natural lever 6 hair, 12/11 or 12/1 using Wella high lift. I used 12/1 before and it did come out a really lovely colour and client was happy but wondering if I would get an even better result using 12/11?
Thanks
To my knowledge the /1 tone is quite a lazy tone and doesn't work as well as the others. So you would get a more silver/Ash tone, but be careful because it could also leave you with a green cast to the hair if it hasn't lifted enough. Also consider 12/89 or 12/81

Would this be for more of a clean whiter blonde as 12 is quite warm?

No, warmth is ok, she doesn't want to be bleach blonde or anything. She likes the 12/1 but I'm just wondering if the 12/11 would be better. Just wondered which people prefer to use? Is there much difference?

Have you got a picture of her hair atm with the 12.1 ?

No sorry. I done it a while ago now, its very grown out.

12/11 has a tendency to grab round the hairline quite greyish ! If she is happy with the 12/1 result just stick with that !

12/11 has a tendency to grab round the hairline quite greyish ! If she is happy with the 12/1 result just stick with that !

Second this!
12.11 can go really grey even blue when you wash the colour off it will grab to the porus previously lightened hair
Unless it was for a virgin head application id stick to the 12.1

Thanks for all your advice guys, I'll be sticking with the 12/1 x

I’ve always done equal parts of both for a nicer cleaner blonde :)

Confused about some opinions on here stating that the /1 isn’t very pigmented, while at the same time finding the /81 a stronger cooling tone than the /89 in the special blondes. Why would this be?

81 is blue ash and ash 1 always appears better than a 9 tone 9 is softer than 1 so you would notice more of a difference with 1 :) xx

I see Thank you!

81 is blue ash and ash 1 always appears better than a 9 tone 9 is softer than 1 so you would notice more of a difference with 1 :) xx

Amelia, you seem familiar with the special blondes so could I please ask you your opinion on something? I was thinking of trying a 2:1 ratio of 12/89 and 12/11 on a level 7 regrowth (coarse hair). This client throws a lot of warmth but doesn’t want the brightness that the 12/89 gives dulled down. I’m not confident enough to go with the 12/81 so was thinking this would be just enough to shift the warmth without affecting the brightness she likes. Any thoughts appreciated! :)

I’ve sent you a personal message I can help you better that way :),,

Amelia, you seem familiar with the special blondes so could I please ask you your opinion on something? I was thinking of trying a 2:1 ratio of 12/89 and 12/11 on a level 7 regrowth (coarse hair). This client throws a lot of warmth but doesn’t want the brightness that the 12/89 gives dulled down. I’m not confident enough to go with the 12/81 so was thinking this would be just enough to shift the warmth without affecting the brightness she likes. Any thoughts appreciated! :)
Hi there I am now having the same problem you were having on this post
Did you find a soloution to this ? I saw that Amelia sent you a message please would you mind sending me what soloution she posted you and if you have found anything else that has worked
I have used 12/11 forever on myself and clients then a few year ago it changed and was leaving hair very brassy at the roots and the same on myself it syarted making me quite fearful using it ! Please share if you’ve found anything that works thanks

I’ve sent you a personal message I can help you better that way :),,
Hi please would you mind sending me the same message please
I know it’s a few years later but I have been having same problem with 12/11 which I’ve used for many years it has stared leaving my roots and clients roots very orangey /brassy
Much appreciated

Did you find a soloution to this ? I saw that Amelia sent you a message please would you mind sending me what soloution she posted you and if you have found anything else that has worked
I have used 12/11 forever on myself and clients then a few year ago it changed and was leaving hair very brassy at the roots and the same on myself it syarted making me quite fearful using it ! Please share if you’ve found anything that works thanks

I know it’s a few years later but I have been having same problem with 12/11 which I’ve used for many years it has stared leaving my roots and clients roots very orangey /brassy
Much appreciated

Just so you know, the poster you’ve quoted has been absent from Salon Geek since 2018, so may or may not reply.

Much appreciated
Have you tried 12/81 instead?

Have you tried 12/81 instead?
No I am a bit worried now of what to do if that too will leave warmth
Such a pain
It’s actually scared me off using blondes which I never was before on full heads
Do you think it will work ?

No I am a bit worried now of what to do if that too will leave warmth
Such a pain
It’s actually scared me off using blondes which I never was before on full heads
Do you think it will work ?
I have always preferred 12/81to 12/11. Its very rare that I even consider 12/11.

Latest posts

Back