Which Wella Koleston Color is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdehairhair

Reaction score
I've been trying to get this right for a client, and can't find the right color exactly. I've tried 8/38, but that's too dark and too warm.

She's looking for Julie Delpy's color in Before Sunrise, like this: http://alternatebinkyality.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/julie-delpy.jpg

Wella says that the colors go in this order, from most warm to most cool.

/1 - Grey Ash
/8 - blue ash
/01 - Natural Ash
/17 - ash secondary brown
/38 - beige with a secondary blue

Do you think she's an 8 or a 9, and which tone?

It depends what colour your client naturally is too? Do you need to lift the hair lighter? x

Her hair is a mix -- brown roots, a bunch of different blonde through light brown dyed parts. Mess!

id say its about an 8 with either old hi-lites which have been covered to give a natural lighter ends or just plain natural hi-lites . the tone would depend on your clients own tone and how much /what tone is in the ends . lifting up to a 9 would throw off more warmth and not lift the old tint so id stick to an 8 and add a few hi-lites

Thanks -- what tone would you say it is? That's the hardest part for me, to match the right color. /38 is a bit too warm, but I'm not sure how cool to go. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back