White Blonde Wannabe (Help/Advice)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear Hair Geek

I am actually a client seeking some professional advice from you lovely ladies.

I have medium/dark brown hair (i'm sorry i do not know what base colour this would be).

For the past seven years I have always had my hair highlighted with bleach to a lovely white and bright blonde colour. I have always used Wella (as the hairdresser told me). But over the past year I've noticed the colour is slightly warmer and certainly in photographs it looks warmer than usual.

I've seen various posts about Matrix V-light bleach, Blondeme Schwarts and Wella being good but I was hoping you guys might give me advice as to what would be best to use and therefore find a good salon that would provide this.

I am based in Edinburgh and if anyone could also suggest a hairdresser that would be fantastic - but advice about the best products/volume and/or percent of bleach to use and how long I should be keeping the bleach on my hair for? (I promise not to be too much of a know it all). But having had a few hair disasters in the past I would like to be a bit more clued up.

Many thanks in advance for any help
J

Hi there,

I'm afraid we cannot advise on the use of Chemicals etc for an unqualified person.. My advice is to go to a reputable salon to avoid damaging your hair xxxx

Dear Rapunzel

I think my message sounds confusing - i'm not colouring my own hair.

I have always had it done by a salon for the past few years.

But from reading all these posts about what different hairdresssers do in the salon to achieve the best results I was trying to get some idea of the best way to do this - as I am changing salons and really want to have them get it right the first time.

If you can help at all that would be great

Thanks

Sorry I must have got my wires crossed lol

All the brands you suggested have an excellent reputation, BUT each are only as good as the knowledge and experience of the person using it, which is the reason I suggested a reputable salon. Maybe someone else on the forum in your area can recommend a salon?

As for the percentages etc.. The colour technician will be able to decide which is best for your hair type.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back