White builder and fills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering what you girls do when somebody wants a color change and you have used white builder? Do you file down and put the new color over and leave.the other side white?

I am just wondering because I normally use pink or clear builder, the apply the color. I havn't used white builder for a few years, so im just wondering what you all do?

Thanks! Xoxo

Hi guys,

Just wondering what you girls do when somebody wants a color change and you have used white builder? Do you file down and put the new color over and leave.the other side white?

I am just wondering because I normally use pink or clear builder, the apply the color. I havn't used white builder for a few years, so im just wondering what you all do?

Thanks! Xoxo

If i've used only white building gel on a form and someone wants the color to be changed I would clip the free edge off and sculpt up with clear then apply the new color or glitter. I personally wouldn't leave any of the white remaining.

Thanks shannon I thought so. I started second guessing myself when my friend who is a tech who uses white builder all the time and when her clients come back for fills and she leaves the white under neith. I am going to stock up on product as im doing clients at home now and am going to buy white builder.

I wont be leaving the white under

I really should have mentioned that Geeg also suggested this in a previous forum! I look like i've stolen her advice. lol. However-I do do this also. :)

Thanks for the heart Geeg. :hug:

If you remove all white and sculpt new colour up to the pink, does it remain as strong as when you first apply white to fresh pink?

Of course... It's the same principle as sculpting the nail on a fresh nail or sculpting to fix a break or crack in the enhancement. I'm not sure if there was a large focus on repairing nails when you did your training but we did a full month on just repairing nails. I think I had to do 28 sets of repairs (nail trainer). So I'm fairly confident in this method. I would test it out and see how you do!

Thanks for that. No - not much focus on repairs which is a shame so I will get practising.

Practice makes perfect :)

Latest posts

Back