White gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_of_Pain

Reaction score
This may be a hard question to answer without actually showing me the technique, but I am wondering how you get an even smooth finish with thick white non levelling builder gels. I find it hard to get it smooth and even, and have got better with practice, but can still see lumpiness. I am using Brisa gel now, and I have been cheating at times and using the white uv gel paint to even it out, but I also found hard to get the other brand that I was using even as well.

What is the technique to get these gels nice and smooth?

I purchsed Brisa Gel yesterday, and found the same problem. I applied the white sculpting gel, however it didnt level. (i chose to buy the sculpting gel over the white gel paint as i prefer to use my fine brush to make the smile line) I was surprised because i have been using Bio Sculpture white gel and it self levels perfectly.

I have overcome the problem by...applying the Brisa white sculpting gel as evenly as possible, then cure, then remove sticky layer, then buff white gel to even finish (white is easy and quick to buff, i use my white buff block for this), then apply clear gel and they turn out great.

I see this exta buffing as an unnessesary step, however the advantage is....... the thickness of the gel means it does not spread and flood. So you have heaps of time to work with it and can apply the white to all four fingers at once, then cure, then buff all four fingers.

With Bio Sculpture Gel, you have to apply the white to two fingers, then cure, then another two and cure and so forth as the white levels quickly. But you dont have to buff the white after curing. This can be quite a lengthy process.

I also find the clear brisa gel is thicker than the bio sculpture clear gel. Which means if you work quick, you can also apply the clear to four fingers at once, wheras with the Bio Sculpture, again you have to apply the clear to two fingers at a time then cure becuase it is runnier.

Both products have their advantages/disadvantages. I think overall, when comparing the time it takes to apply Brisa and Bio Sculpture, it works out about the same.

Hope this helps. It might read a bit scattered as i had to write this in a hurray.
Bec XXOO

Keeping the Brisa White sculpting gel smooth is possible but the rule is:
LESS IS MORE.
The more you play around with it the worse it gets.
Try not to lift your brush but rather guide the gel up to the smile line by pushing and nudging gently to the ridge you have created with the clear or pink sculpting gel. This is a very cool 'backwards' technique that really works easily and creates a very sharp smile line.
Have you watched how they do it on the video?
Try it the Creative way in stead of the way you have been used to.
A few practices and you will start to get it quite easily.

Yeah I watched the Creative video - they make it look so easy! I have been practicing the way they do it, and I HAVE got better. I just thought there might be a method that I wasn't aware of. One trick I do is put the white gel on top of my lamp before I use it to warm it up slightly, this seems to make it easier to work with.

Well it is easier if the product is not cold that is for sure. As you learn the 'feel' of the gel is will get easier. I tend not to lift my brush out of the white gel at all (or as little as is absolutely necessary) while I am making the tip.

I hope you are liking the finished result as much as you hoped you would. x

I love the finished result. I am very happy with it, and everyone always asks me about my nails and what I use.

Latest posts

Back