White hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitsy_Bloom

Reaction score
First things first...this is my first thread, woo hoo!!! :lol:

I have been visiting a hairdressers for over a year now trying to have my hair bleached and toned to a silver but it has never seemed to be as bright or white as I have seen it can be, its more a dull grey colour.

As I am not a hairdresser, I wasn't sure if this was because the bleach being used was not strong enough to lift the hair as I am naturally brown.

So I was advised to use a 40 vol bleach which I have bought from the wholesalers and I tried a strand test but it still lifted to a yellowy colour.

What would be the best toner to use over this to create the ice white look I so desperatly crave :cry:

Any help would be great!!!

welcome!

you cant actually bleach hair to white, as it will be wrecked!

you need to bleach it too pale yellow, and then tone and continue to use a silver shampoo after you have it done,

i use mine everyday!

and 40 vol wont lift the hair lighter, actually it lifts quicker causing the yellow tones to stay in the hair, 20 vol will lift more gradually allowing the yellow tones to lift out!

this is what schwarzkopf say anyway! i wouldnt use 40 vol with bleach...or even 30 vol!

and definetly dont do this yourself if your not trained!

unless you want white hair in a bag!

mind you, im not qualified til june so maybe someone can give better advice, although my hair is whiter than white now! so i know it works! :D

:)

Thanks for the advice

20 vol is whats used on my hair at the moment but I don't seem to be getting the desired result, I also use the silver shampoo.

What toner would you recommend?

Thanks

how long are you leaving the 20vol on for?

is it lifting to pale yellow?

choosing a toner depends on what range is being used, i.e wella, schwarzkopf etc,

but as a toner i use a 9 and a half - 1 in schwarzopf!

:)

YOU CANT USE THE SAME STRENGTHS ON THE HAIR AS BEFORE - IM NOT SURE WHY ,BUT IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG IT WOULD BE DISASTEROUS - WHICH IS WHY YOUR HAIR IS LIFTING DIFFERANTLY . iF YOUR HAIR HAS A GRAYISH CAST ,ID SAY THE TONER IS WORKING THAT IT MAY HAVE NOT LIFTED ENOUGH IN THE FIRST PLACE sorry about caps , you may have to have it double bleached ( i hope your hair is short ) which is when they use a scalp bleach with 6 % ,wash it off see what it looks like reassess and reapply accordingly maybe with a weaker strength - but it really depends on the condition of the scalp and hair
DONT USE 12% ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR SCALP . WHOEVER TOLD YOU TO BUY IT IS SO VERY WRONG.

only use a 6% peroxide strength on your scalp no higher as you could get a reaction and burn your scalp!
use silver shampoo's i use "matrix so silver shampoo" which is pretty good and lifts my hair up to white but sometimes with a tinge of grey but it all depends how long you leave it on for or how many times you wash your hair in it...i also bleach my hair then put a schwarzopf platinum xxl hair dye on top which is a home dye
im just saying what i do not reccomending that you follow how i do it the only other way is toners at my college we use wella colour fresh which is a range of silver/ash or matrix brand which i can reccommend as i had a client with orange hair! and now its a light blonde

Latest posts

Back