White Nails - Toughie for the nail geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca211

Reaction score
Can any of you clever girlies help me...
How do I get the free edge of my natural nails to look white? I have tried everything from soaking them in bleach/peroxide/baking powder/lemon juice and they still look yellow.
I look after my nails and use plenty of solar oil and OPI Treatments, and always use good handcream. The nail bed is healthy but the free edge always looks discoloured and sort of patchy underneath.
I don't wear nail polish
Any help would be much appreciated.

Are your nails stained? The only reason I ask is I work with a hairdresser who doesn't wear gloves during tints. Also, wearing polish, even clear, can stain nails.

I've tried 'bleaching' products and have not had any success with them. The only thing I can think of is take a GENTLE buffer (240 grit or higher) and try buffing a bit and see if that helps. Good luck! :)

the only thing I can think of that might be causing this is if you've gotten your hands into product that can stain them from underneath? because if it's not on the nail bed just the free edge then I'm just assuming that it's under the nail. You could try a white nail pen under your nail. It will eventually wash off but it'll give a whiter appearence for a little while anyway.

Latest posts

Back