White patches after Shellac removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippit

Reaction score
I have found recently on a couple of clients that some of their nails have white patches on them after removal. I have a feeling they aren't applying solar oil between services and this is the cause. I would like to know if you all agree or whether it could be something else. I use the complete system and apply correctly.

Thanks

Can I ask do you scrape the excess product off the nail plate when removing?

No I don't scrape, the shellac lifts off and any left I just help off with an orange wood stick and then use a pad soaked in nourishing remover to get any thing that's left off.

Think this is dehydration of the nail plate. Has she been using her solar oil?! X

Can I ask do you scrape the excess product off the nail plate when removing?

No I don't scrape, the shellac lifts off and any left I just help off with an orange wood stick and then use a pad soaked in nourishing remover to get any thing that's left off.

What about after removal , are you removing cuticle ? Could you be scraping some of the nail surface then ?

Are you using the CND shellac remover? I hear that makes a big difference in fighting surface dehydration. :)

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago, turns out she wasn't using her solar oil.
Her appointment was last Friday and dehydration all cleared up after 2 weeks :)

Latest posts

Back