White Spa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnail

Independent Essence Geek
Reaction score
Looking through alot of the bridal mags & keeping an eye on whats hot & whats not Ive noticed here that alotof therapists are offering tooth whitening as part of service menu

I recently took up the offer to sample the White Spa from Vani-t.
Well as with all of their "stuff" so far I'm impressed & can see why it's been a salon/treatment additive.

Minimal labour to get the 1 hr service completed. We will be charging $500.00 per 1 hr & that includes a follow up in 3 months time.

Great idea, great machine, great results:)

XX J XX

Looking through alot of the bridal mags & keeping an eye on whats hot & whats not Ive noticed here that alotof therapists are offering tooth whitening as part of service menu

I recently took up the offer to sample the White Spa from Vani-t.
Well as with all of their "stuff" so far I'm impressed & can see why it's been a salon/treatment additive.

Minimal labour to get the 1 hr service completed. We will be charging $500.00 per 1 hr & that includes a follow up in 3 months time.

Great idea, great machine, great results:)

XX J XX

I personally don't think anybody should have thier teeth whitened unless done by a qualified dentist. While these salon and home treatments seem safe enough, who knows what damage they are doing to your teeth. The people selling the teeth whitening stuff to the salons may not even be qualified themselves, anybody can sell anything these days! IMO.

Check out the information as you'll find its not as scarey as you may think

Tooth Whitening

The, Operate Beauty Machinery section in your beauty training should cover you as its not as strong as the dental unit BUT is considered a rewarding & profitable treatment in alot of salons, & would include training, although it's a basic easy unit to operate.

You'd be surprised at how many business's offer this now & how much space in up market bridal magazine's these adds take up also the amount of them.

I had a good experience with it @ nearly 1/4 of the price of a dentist's whitening procedure I cant fault it .

XX J XX

http://www.vani-t.com/au/shop.cfm?&details=1&ProdID=56&category=8

As a Beauty Therapist you are only allowed to use Whitening gel which contains maximum of 7% hydrogen peroxide, this is classed as a cosmetic procedure and not a dental procedure by the EU. Only Dentists are allowed to use higher %'s, this allows them to carry out the treatment in less time but the results are the same. You need to check with your insurers that you are covered for this treatment. It generally falls under the "Treatment Risk" category but you should specifically inform them that you are including teeth whitening as a service. Axa are one insurance company who I definately know are covering it. Hydrogen peroxide has been used for over 100 years as a teeth whitening agent and there are no problems documented. As with all treatments you must carry out a client consultation to determine if they are a suitable candidate and follow the guidlines laid down by the manufacturer. If in doubt refer to their dentist for a letter stating they are a suitable candidate. I have carried out the treatment and have had it done on myself with no problems whatsoever. It is a great and very profitable service for any salon or mobile therapist. I know of mobile therapists who book a day a month at various Salons to carry out the service on their clients. They pay the Salon a % of the takings and the rest is theirs. The treatment cost to the Client is anything from £250/£300 and takes approx 1 hour 15 mins including client consultation. The Beyond Accelerator system is so easy to use. If anyone wants any further info pm me, we are supplying the Beyond system in the UK but no details are on our website as yet.
Liz

:lol: Thanks Miss Vani-t

It's all in the percentage of hydrogen peroxide

We're working here towards purchasing our own unit and will have the White Spa in the salon once a month on a % base to start with increasing with demand.
Hopefully we've made it into the local Bridal Expo for the 4th of February to feature this fab addition. I'm sure it'll create alot of interest for us.
It's huge here with brides.
XX J XX

Hi,Van-ity can you please provide me with the details for Beyond please...Many thanks

Hi I am a Dental Hygienist and Dental Therapist
I can treat gum disease, administer Local Anaesthetic, extract and Fill teeth, but only recently have we as Dental Professionals been allowed to whiten teeth. This involves an extensive course from a training establishment accredited by the GDC not just company promoting their products.
There are so many problems that need to be assessed prior to whitening such as areas of demineralisation, recession and gum disease to name just a few.
I am presently deciding whether to undertake this myself due to the potential problems and possible litigation.
XXR

We have removed the service from our treatment menu mid 2008.
I always do my homework and lots of it :) after speaking to industry professionals and the fact Vani-t themselves stopped selling the White Spa Unit we stopped offering the treatments.

Latest posts

Back