Whiteheads after back wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachirv

Reaction score
Hello.

So I waxed my other halfs back for the first time on Saturday night. The hairs came out beautifully, minimal redness. Pre wax and after wax lotion was applied, and I always talc before waxing too.
However. By Monday night, his back was covered in tiny white heads, just where he was waxed. Any idea what could of caused this? I've been waxing for 10 years, but have only recently started doing male waxing.

Thanks, Rachel

I got this after my first bikini wax went away after 3/4 days. I read about it being how the follicles protect themselves after hair being removed! Should clear up soon! :) x

It's normal. If they do not go in aprox a week or if they change colour, get a topical cream

Called foliculitis, more prone to client who have thicker hair roots and so area like bikini and back can occur.
Also it is summer in UK so the heat can also make this worse. Don't try pop them, just leave it and apply anti bac cream from chemist if needed but otherwise should clear up

Brilliant, thank you. They have all cleared up now :) x

Latest posts

Back