Whites then pinks or white/pink/white/pink.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle monks

Reaction score
Hi guys, just reading one of the other posts on sculpting.
I noticed a comment made about application of white and pink.
What does everyone do- all the white on one hand and then all the pink? Or white then pink on each finger?
When I was training, I heard our educator telling someone to complete each finger before moving to the next.
Must say when I do french tips, I do all the clear on the tips, then go back and do the pink.
Is there a right or wrong, or is it what you feel comfortable with?

Michelle xxx

I do white then pink on each finger before I move on to the next one. The only exception is if I'm doing glitter tips, then I do the glitter on each finger first so it has time to set before I put clear over the top, otherwise the glitter 'spreads' into zone 2 as well!

HTH's

when doiing a full set i always do my pink and whites together... this means that when the product (if we are talking l&p) is at the right stage i can go in and enhcance the c curve and giv e the product a wee tuck in
.. trust me ive tried pinching just the whites then going back and adding my pinks and going back to pinch but it didnt quite work.... my c curves just didnt go as i wanted.... and my set times were all out...... now i use a slightly faster set pink then my moulding time tends to be the same for both pink and white

hth

Jess
xox

i do the whites on one hand first then go on to do the pink, which is what i was taught in a workshop with Denise Wright, but i thinks it all down to how you feel or the way you feel most comfortable.

White then pink on each finger for me.

if i wanna pinch, i do white then pink on each nail.
but as i rarely do this i do all the whites then all the pinks whether i'm using tips or doing sculpts.

I sculpt so I tend to do zone two first with my pink, get nice deep smiles that way, also good for custom blending. I alwats find the smile is crisper doing it this way round. I always do white then pink for rebalancing.
When using gel (brisa) I do the pink first as it stops the shadowing round the smile line.

With L+P, I work one nail by nail. While the white is still a bit wet, the smile line smoothly fades with the pink. This is also true while working with the reverse application technique.

With gel, I sculpt the white tip on all nails. Then I remove the forms and add the pink gel, that butts on the white gel.

This may be a really dumb question, but what do mean "pinch"?
Sorry, I haven't yet started my training, but am loving the wealth of knowledge on this site :)

I do my whites then my pinks 3 nails at a time when scultping. I find that if i do more than three their fingers all stick together with the forms lol.

Sparklepink said:
when doiing a full set i always do my pink and whites together... this means that when the product (if we are talking l&p) is at the right stage i can go in and enhcance the c curve and giv e the product a wee tuck in
.. trust me ive tried pinching just the whites then going back and adding my pinks and going back to pinch but it didnt quite work.... my c curves just didnt go as i wanted.... and my set times were all out...... now i use a slightly faster set pink then my moulding time tends to be the same for both pink and white

hth

Jess
xox

ME TOO!!!

booweeza said:
This may be a really dumb question, but what do mean "pinch"?
Sorry, I haven't yet started my training, but am loving the wealth of knowledge on this site :)

Hello.

"pinching" means pushing the sides on the nails in order to get a better C-curve.

Latest posts

Back