Who has spread their wings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
Five years ago, if anyone had said I'd be looking to do a BTEC beauty course I'd have laughed at them.
All I wanted to do was nails, I wasn't really interested in adding gels just l&p with nail art.
Then clients started asking if I did tanning and the ones who wanted tanning asked if I did waxing. Couple that with a market place that is full of better educated customers with far higher expectations and busy schedules this means that even in our tough ecenomic times customers expect far more from us and we need to adapt.
The other side for me personally is, much to my surprise, I've discovered a love of learning and a love of learning well.
Nothing beats that high of having a client look at what I've done and saying Wow! With a big smile, I love that.
So my questions are, where have you gone since you started, where do you want to go and most importantly who has helped you along the way?

The other side for me personally is, much to my surprise, I've discovered a love of learning and a love of learning well.
Nothing beats that high of having a client look at what I've done and saying Wow! With a big smile, I love that.

I could swear you were talking about me there. I always struggled to learn until I learned how through my dyslexic daughter. School was a struggle for me. Nursing was a struggle for me. Then I was taught that there was a way for those who struggled and now I thirst for knowledge and learning :green:.

I suppose I have my dyslexic daughter to thank then. She has taught me so much.

I would love to do more courses although I think it is also because I hanker after a class/teaching/learning setting. Ultimately though, I would love to teach beauty, although at this stage I think my husband would freak if I said i wanted to do another course :lol:.

I could swear you were talking about me there. I always struggled to learn until I learned how through my dyslexic daughter. School was a struggle for me. Nursing was a struggle for me. Then I was taught that there was a way for those who struggled and now I thirst for knowledge and learning :green:.

I suppose I have my dyslexic daughter to thank then. She has taught me so much.

I would love to do more courses although I think it is also because I hanker after a class/teaching/learning setting. Ultimately though, I would love to teach beauty, although at this stage I think my husband would freak if I said i wanted to do another course :lol:.
I thought Paul would to, but he told me to go for it, follow my dreams, he even said he'll walk the dog:eek:

Latest posts

Back