Who provides a 'free removal' with Shellac service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the shellac training, when I went back to my educator she even told me how much time each step should take.

But I find it takes me at least 45 mins to an hour just for removal!
Am I looking after these clients nails too much?!

As soon as client walk in, I sit them down wrap nails,10-15 mins later remove, but I find the base coat doesn't come off as easily so I'm scraping it lightly with orange stick.
Sometimes have to re-wrap.
Then I put cuticle remover, file nails, go back to cuticle work.

I just do not know where I'm going wrong?

When you wrap the nails up are the wraps dripping with remover or just got a little bit on?
Also when you remove the wrap squeeze and wiggle it instead of just sliding it off, you want to make sure you give it a good rub when you remove the wrap!
Are you curing the products inthe CND UV Lamp?
Also when you remoe the wrap and there is still product on the nail dampen a nail gauze with remover and give it a good rub and that should take any product off that's left

Wow, really? Maybe it would be worth having a course, just so you can increase your treatment time and have more clients in. That's a big chunk of time.

How long does just the removal take you?

It takes me longer than it should for removal and reapplication too as i take an hour. If it is just removal, i take 30 mins and include nail shaping, cuticle tidying and solar oil xx

Exactly the same as me. When I fist started I was actually quicker! I've gone the other way! I used to do application in 30 minutes but didn't feel was giving the client enough time to choose and they had to pay pronto, not good service. Now I book out and hour whether it's a new client with virgin nails or and existing. The virgin nails often need more cuticle work anyway and I take the time to explain homecare etc. Usually done within 45 mins but at least I don't feel I'm ushering them out of the door now. And the ones I am re-shellac'ing have the time they are soaking to look at colours and chit chat. I feel I get away with charging what I do then. Win Win.

:)

I have tried to apply base coat as sparingly as I can.

I use cuticle remover every time a client comes to have shellac done.
Some client even after two weeks have such bad cuticle growth that I have to work on them.

I soak the cotton wool, and wrap with foils and yes the nourishing remover is kinda dripping as I wrap snugly on the nail bed.

Will definitely try rubbing nail bed with the gauze pad, thank you!

I have tried to apply base coat as sparingly as I can.

I use cuticle remover every time a client comes to have shellac done.
Some client even after two weeks have such bad cuticle growth that I have to work on them.

I soak the cotton wool, and wrap with foils and yes the nourishing remover is kinda dripping as I wrap snugly on the nail bed.

Will definitely try rubbing nail bed with the gauze pad, thank you!

No problem let me know how your next removal goes!!

Also make sure your applying your top coat thin, as if you remember from your class about the tiny tunnels in the removal process. There are less tiny tunnels in the top coat so it takes longer for the remover to get thought the top coat layer so if your top coat is too thick it will take longer for the remover to get though. If your removal is still taking a long time pm me :)

No problem let me know how your next removal goes!!

Also make sure your applying your top coat thin, as if you remember from your class about the tiny tunnels in the removal process. There are less tiny tunnels in the top coat so it takes longer for the remover to get thought the top coat layer so if your top coat is too thick it will take longer for the remover to get though. If your removal is still taking a long time pm me :)

Aaaawwww thank you for your advice! Really appreciate it.

When I do the removal the shellac top coat & colour crumbled off easily, its just as I'm lightly scraping it off with a orange stick, I can see the see the base coat, because the nail ain't smooth. Then I have to buff it a little which obviously takes time.

Aaaawwww thank you for your advice! Really appreciate it.

When I do the removal the shellac top coat & colour crumbled off easily, its just as I'm lightly scraping it off with a orange stick, I can see the see the base coat, because the nail ain't smooth. Then I have to buff it a little which obviously takes time.

I would really rub and wiggle the wrap when you take it off! Then instead of over using a orange wood stick use the nail gauze tip :) really rub the nail with the damped gauze I find this better than using a orange wood stick :)

Oh and just to add removal never takes me 10 mins.

My overall shellac service with removal is about 2 hours!
And that's working while I'm talking to client.

I feel that I'm very particular about the cuticles and my clients actually say after just the cuticle work they have never seen their nails so clean!

Even when I applied base coat really sparingly I still struggle with removal.

I take that amount of time too and have had clients make the same comment after cuticle work.

So if base coat isn't applied sparingly, it takes longer/harder to remove?

I take that amount of time too and have had clients make the same comment after cuticle work.

So if base coat isn't applied sparingly, it takes longer/harder to remove?

That's what I've been told?

I tried the gauze pad idea that one of the lovely ladies suggested on this post and it worked!

I did these nails in less than 2 hours!
It's on my daughter who had psoriasis on her nails, so I had to use smoothing gel then shellac & design.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369607318.214633.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369607318.214633.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 137

I tried the gauze pad idea that one of the lovely ladies suggested on this post and it worked!

It's on my daughter who had psoriasis on her nails, so I had to use smoothing gel then shellac & design.

They look lovely.

Where do I buy the gauze pads from and what do I do with them??

TIA x

Well don't be scared :wink2: don't belittle your skill and start as you mean to go on. There are techs all around me charging much less but it's me that is busy. Why? Because despite being more expensive they are getting a lovely service, nice conversation, a giggle (if they want one) a relaxed one to one environment where they're not looked down upon (their words not mine) and a lovely drink if they want one too. The amount of clients I have that nearly fall asleep on me at their appointment :D And I love it, means I'm doing a good job at making them feel totally relaxed! All of that comes at a price though which my clients are more than happy to pay. My prices are just about to go up too, still isn't scaring anyone off :wink2:

So it will be YOU that entices people, not your prices :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Meant to say thank you for this lovely comment, Planky :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

These nails are beautiful, can I ask what the base colour you used is? Thanks

Latest posts

Back