Who uses acrylic and what do you recommend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild_brumby7

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website and Acrylic nails. I will be doing a Diploma in Beauty therapy, as well as a Cert II in nail technician. I start both those courses early 2016.

I am currently just practicing on my own nails, and my partners sister is also happy for me to use her as a 'test dummy' haha. I recently had one of those Nail Trainer Hands come in the mail a couple of weeks back. Just haven't had the time due to work to do anything with it yet :(

Slowly getting better each time I do a set on myself or my partner sister. So far all nails I've applied have stayed on rather well. My last set lasted about 3 weeks. A few where lifting pretty bad, but others didn't show any signs. I work with horses for a living, so I am rather rough with my hands.

I am currently using the NSI Attraction Liquid and Powder. I use NSI superbond primer or NSI attraction primer. I currently love the NSI brand and have found it much easier to work with then other cheap brands I tried while early learning stages. I am using a Dehydrator, but its just a cheap one I have bought from a local store until my NSI dehydrator arrives.

I have heard a lot of good things about the CND brand. I am looking at purchasing some to try out and see which I prefer.

What do you all recommend or use?

I really look forward to hearing from you and your recommendations!
Thank you,
Sarah

I use acrylink by ink London. I can't say a bad thing about it.
I have used both nsi and Cnd in the past for enhancements and the acrylink just blows
Them
Both out
Of
The water in my eyes. X

I have used both nsi and Cnd in the past for enhancements and the acrylink just blows
Them
Both out
Of
The water in my eyes. X

Thanks for that! I've just looked into them. For a Trial Acrylic kit, its a bit costly for me right now. I'm in Australia, and our AUD is just over double GBP... I will definitely keep them in mind, look into them, and put away some money and give them a go at some stage!! :D

I have always used NSI - can use anything though just find NSI easiest to use and it's easier for product control if you are still learning. I have tried cnd which is also a good product but I personally prefer NSI possibly because it's what I've used for years

Them
Both out
Of
The water in my eyes. X
I trained with Nsi and still use it. What differences do you find with Acrylink in comparison to Nsi?

Latest posts

Back