Who's been to Disneyland Paris?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
Next year, Sean and I are finally having our first holiday in 7 years and we're going to be driving around France and staying in various places, including Disneyland Paris. I'm really looking forward to it and have spent the whole afternoon/.evening on the 'net looking at their website - great stuff!

So I was wondering....... those of you who have been to DLP - what would you recommend, do you have any tips, what should we make sure we don't miss, are there any parts of the park that are a bit of a disappointment? I know 'things' are much more expensive there so to make sure we have plenty of spending money, and I've been reading about the 'FastPass' system but have also heard that sometimes it just doesn't work. In their brochure, from what I can make out, you are only able to get a 'FastPass' if you stay in either the 'Disneyland Hotel' or their 'Hotel New York' which isn't a problem, both look nice, but we're considering upgrading a bit so we can get a 'VIP FastPass' - has anyone had one of these and if so, how does it work? Also, are the queues that bad if you don't have either a 'FastPass' or 'VIP FastPass'. We're just going by ourselves, no kids, so don't need to know about any 'child friendly' issues - thanks. :)

If anyone has any pics they'd like to share, just pm me and I'll send you my email address. I'm so excited, after 7 years, a holiday is long overdue!!!

Jackie
x

You will LOVE it - we have been 3 times to DLP:lol: but only to Florida (Kissimee Orlando :lol: ) once!

there is a parade each evening with all the Disney characters - you have shuttle buses if you stay in the Disneyland hotels (eg Explores)to the centre BUT if you stay in the New York hotel it is only 5 mins walk - no buses or queuing - I have loads of piccies - so if you want to see em - then pm me :green: :green:

I was there the year they opened, so it's been quite a while and I think alot has changed.

So, the only tip I can give is, if you are there more than one evening the parade is exactly the same so nothing is missed, and while that is going on the queues are 5 min. tops. If you are not there more than one night I would recomend seeing the parade though! It's a lot of fun.

Oh and the castle is amazing... my favorite for sure.

Oh you will love it......... Being from Oz we hae nothing like it so it was wonderful to see.
We went with an 8 year old and two 20 week twin boys, so it's safe to say the boys weren't that interested.
We didn't bother with any fast passes and really didn't feel like we lined up for too long for anything.
The parades are wonderful.
The only tip i would give is don't try to pack it all intop two days. Take three and enjoy the extra time. That way you will see all of both parks and not feel like you missed anything.
We stayed at one of the outer hotels starts with a K .... and it wasn't a problem. They have the best bus system going. Buses every 20 minutes.
WE LOVED IT!!!

We went for Christmas a couple of years ago. There was some disapointments and some good stuff. The days leading up to Christmas were fab as it is all lovely and Christmassy and the artificial snow really made it feel great BUT Christmas day was exactly the same as any other day over the festive period and I was a little disapointed with this as I would have expected something a bit more special.

Things not to be missed are a meal at Mickeys Cafe as all the characters come out and dance while you are eating and get the kids up, you can have some piccys taken with them and we got Goofys autograph!!

Fireworks over sleeping beautys castle were fantastic (not sure if this is only a festive thing)

here are some piccys I posted a while ago on here, have loads more if you want to have a look too

Thanks everyone, I've had a few pm's from people so am looking forward to seeing everyone's pics of DLP.

I can't wait to find out when Sean's holidays will be next year so we know when we'll be going! :)

Jackie

Latest posts

Back