Who's your website with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi all i had/have a website with vistaprint, had it over a year now, but feel what i am paying is to much, it is costing me 15.00 pounds a month i am sure there are better ones out there, i have at the moment suspended the site while i make my mind up to continue with them or set a new site up over the weekend.

I do not own my domain with vista so would need to get that sorted to, just wondering who you use, and how good they are?

I had a vista website for about 18 months and it served its purpose and was easy to use but I decided I wanted my own branding etc especially when a therapist down the road used the same template! I had my own logo designed and switched over to 1&1, I must say that I was lucky my cousin does web dsigning so he has done the bulk of it for me but I am so happy! I kept my vista running though whilst it was being done as didnt want to loose any customers but my grand switchover is this weekend and I am very excited!!!!

Im with create.net, i paid for the year, £29.00 i think, they also do a 30day free trial, which during this time i got to know the site and designed my page, then when i was ready i paid and went live, i have another website with them which i pay £9.99 per month for but basically because it offers an online shop.

x

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I am thinking of keeping vista while i build my new one and get it going, then pull the plug on it.

I too have seen someone local using the same design and now i have my own logo etc i want to use this instead of a standard template.

Definately the best idea I think! Vista is great for a start up but after a while like us both someone ends up with an identical site!!! I just didnt have the time or technical knowledge to design it myself so thats why I let my cousin do it and he only charged me half price because we're FAMLEEE!! Lol! Good luck with it :)

I am with Vista but have paid a little extra to design my own template so no one else will have the same x

I do often think it is expensive though, I too pay about £15 a month x

Ruth Mills took ours over from previous designer and would highly recommend. We can manage the site and update as and when required. We've always preferred bespoke sites so can't comment on template companies.

I've had mine with Ruth mills for over a year now its great. And great customer service too xx

I've had mine with Ruth mills for over a year now its great. And great customer service too xx

Ditto!!! And my website is always talked about, I like having the control of my site plus I know Ruth will help if I ever get stuck :D xx

As I'm starting off I'm registered with wix.com it totally free!!

Ditto!!! And my website is always talked about, I like having the control of my site plus I know Ruth will help if I ever get stuck :D xx

Ditto again!! Ruth is excellent.

Ruth did my site about 3 years ago now. I always get comments on it and I've gained most of my clients from the web.
I'm extremely fussy but nothing was too much trouble for her and it's great that you can make changes yourself and if you're ever stuck then she has the answer!

Another vote for ruth!!! She's amazing and excellent customer service!

Just want to say Ruth Mills (Salon Alchemy) has just completed my website & I am SO pleased with it! I can highly recommend her & Carl from VerveDesigns as their very professional & I am delighted!! Bring on the new clients now :D

Ruth Ruth Ruth salon alchemy. Enough said. (Actually just to add Ruth is someone who, no matter how silly the question, how many times you ask will answer and help and will ALWAYS reply asap ) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My trade website cost 10k...

Sorry to jump on this but does anyone have a link to any websites designed by either Carl at the Verve or Ruth?

Carl has done a tonne of work for me and I have been hugely impressed but havent seen any examples of websites.

I just bought my domain name for £10/£20 can't remember which then set up a website for free on weebly. No more cost involved looks professional and was easy to do x

Latest posts

Back